Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

| 
Frogger75 Frogger75
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/23/11
04:04 PM

Had an update done last year, required to continue warranty.  Supposedly to allow IMA battery to last longer.  Well, ever since I have had nothing but trouble with the vehicle.  Sluggish take offs, lousy gas mileage, rpms go high at times for no reason, loud while at a stop quite ofter anymore, has occasionally jumped when going to start it and the IMA battery is now charging itself almost all the time, uphills, downhills, straight aways, stopped, parked, go figure.  I have taken to the dealer we purchased it from almost on a monthly basis to have them check out my concerns, but have always been told it is operating within proper guidelines, whatever that means.  Was told to use only auto on my inside temperature controls, hopefully that would help with the gas mileage.  I am afraid to merge with traffic, because it is very slow to take off at stops, afraid of being rearended.  I usually have to leave myself a long gap to merge with traffic.  Before the update I was getting any where from 35 to 45 MPG.  Now I am getting 24 to 35 MPG.  The last time I took it in, last week, the service manager said a person from Honda came to check them out and he told him about our problem.  Come to find out there have been alot of complaints.  He told the service manager that Honda is working on it and will keep us posted.  Well I would think that after almost a year of this they would have found a solution by know, but I guess not or they just don't want to admit there is a problem at all with the update that started this.  Needless to say I will never buy a hybrid again, and I have told my Honda dealer this.  Problem is what do you buy anymore, new, that is not going to have problems.  As hard as I try to be a part of the conservation movement, use less gas, etc., until the bugs are worked out, I find myself looking a my 1987 Chev. Blazer that I bought new, at least I know it runs and its history.  Too bad it is a gas guzzler.  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 06/25/11
09:08 AM

Years ago I was a passenger in a Civic Hybrid.  I was shocked by how smooth and quiet it was.  The owner of it loved it too.  I was considering buying one after that.  I changed my mind though after noticing how much trunk space the battery occupied in it. A Prius hatchback design is a better way to go when it comes to that.  Toyota dealers weren't giving their Prius' away though.  So I stayed with a conventional drive-train and bought a 2007 Fit Sport.  It's done the job, and gets 42 MPG on the highway. My only beefs about it are the carpeting in it is so low grade, I don't know if you could even get away with sticking it in a Chevette  Shocked If anybody wants to steal gas from a Fit too, that's no problem.  Even though Honda decided to equip the car with an alarm. I only wish I could have found one with a manual transmission too.  So far though, I've had no reason to repair it.  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

mwatters mwatters
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 07/17/11
05:25 PM

That experience certainly does sound frustrating.  However, for what it is worth, the hybrid market for all brands, including, Honda, is improving on a daily basis... meaning the newest models are miles ahead of even your 2008 model.  Although it would not take your past frustrations away, I would recommend you try at least one more hybrid model before swearing off the technology.  Chances are you'll change your mind.  

manojkumar128254 manojkumar128254
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 11/07/12
05:42 AM

Hybrid cars are good and day by day new technology and new features are added in Hybrid cars. Now, Latest hybrid cars are available with a lot of good features.  

Umang Kumar Umang Kumar
New User | Posts: 28 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 03/21/13
07:00 PM

Hello Friends,

The Civic Hybrid provides similar qualifications to the popular Toyota Prius while offering the conventional styling of a gas-engine sedan. But many reviewers report its around-town driving is weak, even for a hybrid vehicle. The 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid garners solid praise for its value, sleek, futuristic redesign and fuel-sipping habits. In both the small car and hybrid car rankings, the sedan receives high scores for its conventional exterior style, its high-quality cabin and for its outstanding safety. But there are many reviews who report the Civic Hybrid's performance is underwhelming  even as a hybrid vehicle, it does not provide as much power on the highway as expected.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar  

Cane.White Cane.White
New User | Posts: 27 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 05/10/13
12:32 AM

Overall I think the HCH is a great car. If you drive it properly and perform proper maintenance, like any vehicle, it will provide as advertised, except for resale. It's comfortable for what it is, a compact high fuel mileage vehicle. It's performance is good for what the vehicle delivers in mileage and it has been exceptionally reliable except for reflashes that do not correct the few nuenses.  
OC Glasscraft is a locally owned and managed company offering convenient and professional auto glass repair and replacement service throughout Southern California. We offer while-you-wait service and professionally equipped service vehicles to repair or replace your glass on site.

John Abrahim John Abrahim
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/12/13
11:12 AM

I'm totally agree with Umang Kumar  

scott.tony10 scott.tony10
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/24/13
10:35 PM

Honda hybrid vehicles are better than any other brand because they are not compromising on quality. In their recent new model of Honda Accord Hybrid version they gave the Millage 70KM/Liter gasoline. They have introduced new technology which boost the auto industry.  

scott.tony10 scott.tony10
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/24/13
10:36 PM

Any comment?  

Mithachiku Mithachiku
User | Posts: 79 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/30/13
06:43 AM

Honda civic is a good car and here introduce the new technology and lots of new features.
visit us : Culver City Toyota  

Mithachiku Mithachiku
Posted: 12/30/13
06:45 AM

Honda civic is awesome and count in luxury car. And as we all know about the honda is agood car manufacture company.
Thank you
find it : Culver City Toyota  

Mithachiku Mithachiku
Posted: 03/23/14
04:07 AM

Hybrid cars are nice and nowadays new technology are introduced with new features. Now, Today's hybrid cars are available with a lots of awesome features.  Honda civic is good and this is luxurious car.

http://kengarffchevrolet.com/  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Honda Civic
18290 - 24340
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Coupe, Sedan