Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2002 Mitsubishi Montero XLS Shaking

| 
robincorson08 robincorson08
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/01/13
07:21 AM

My 2002 Mitsubishi Montero xls shakes real bad at about 40mph/2000rpm's. once your over that speed it stops. It does not do this when the engine is cold when you first start driving but once it warms up it starts to shake at that speed. What is going on?  

montero8928 montero8928
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 11/22/13
09:03 PM

Mine was doing the same thing I did some work on it but first thing to check is that you may want to take it to a dealership and have them see if the transmission fluid needs to be flushed.  I would start with that.  You have to take it to the dealership to do this as they use a special transmission fluid specifically for mitsubishis only available at the dealership.  

montero8928 montero8928
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 11/22/13
09:03 PM

Mine was doing the same thing I did some work on it but first thing to check is that you may want to take it to a dealership and have them see if the transmission fluid needs to be flushed.  I would start with that.  You have to take it to the dealership to do this as they use a special transmission fluid specifically for mitsubishis only available at the dealership.  

carlos rios carlos rios
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/14
Posted: 10/25/14
08:02 AM

My 2002 Montero Limited is now doing the same thing.  Did you ever find out what was causing the vibration?

Let me know.

Thanks  

carlos rios carlos rios
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/14
Posted: 10/25/14
08:04 AM

I had that done and still vibrating.  I also had the differential fluids replaced, tires rebalanced and rotated, injectors clean, tuned up, timing chain replaced and still vibrating.

any advice?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice