Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2013 sentra wiper arms

| 
d65c1892-cf05-11e2-9896-000bcdcb471e d65c1892-cf05-11e2-9896-000bcdcb471e
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/06/13
05:18 PM

Seems to be a design flaw but when you try to raise the driver side wiper arm for cleaning the windshield or as everybody does when snow or ice is expected overnight, the arm isn't designed properly and it literally scrapes the paint off of the back edge of the hood when you do try to raise the arm away from the windshield. The passenger side wiper arm can't be raised at all when its in the parked or off position. My dealer tells me that there is no fix and to just not raise the arm or turn them on then off mid cycle so you can raise the arm. Seems like a pretty wise ass answer to the problem after just spending good money on one of their vehicles. I know it's not a big thing to many owners but I don't think there's a car on the road that doesn't have this simple convenience?  

tonynnj63 tonynnj63
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/30/13
05:03 PM

I appreciated your post as my gfs sentra now has missing paint on the hood lip as well. It's pretty appalling that this got by Nissans QC process. I tried removing the arm and repositioning it up a few notches but now the wiper goes off the windshield with an annoying clang. Who knew something so simple coud have fd up the new car experience.  

Tak Kwan Tak Kwan
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/14
Posted: 02/10/14
01:23 PM

To raise the windshield wiper for the 2013 Sentra, there is a new instruction on the user guide under 'replace wiper blade'. While the car is off, you hold the windshield fluid spray for 5 seconds and the wiper arm will move to the vertical 'maintenance' mode and stay there (this allow you to hold it upward and clean the windshield). To lower the wiper arm do the same action and the arm will return to its 'normal' mode. I got the information by calling Nissan Canada (not the dealer as they do not even know about this method).  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice