Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Sick about the new Cherokee.

| 
Big3Believer Big3Believer
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/25/13
07:55 PM

I want to preface my rant with the fact that I'm not going to judge the new Jeep until I actually have a chance to get my hands on it.  So anything that may seem like an insult is merely frustration over the sacrifice of a legend.  

The XJ Cherokee... where do I begin.  The ultimate Jeep?  Plenty of people will cry out for the Wrangler and it is hard to argue with that.  But there is something very special about the old box Jeeps.  Urban or off-road, any climate you want to throw at it, people from all walks of life - it is the universal Jeep.  It really can't be beat.  

Clearly this Jeep has a special place in my heart which is why I was giddy at the thought of the XJ coming back and was punched in the throat when I saw what it actually is (or isn't).  Dear Chrysler, please feel free to continue pawning off all of your legacy cars in an effort to move a little more metal without any real concern about the damage you may be doing to said legacy.  That said - leave the Cherokee alone!  It isn't too late.  Name it the new liberty.  Maybe the Cherokee II (poor Bronco...)??  

This turned out to be less of a rant than I thought.  Maybe this can be the start of something.  We read Automobile so we must care about cars.  Lets make this the starting point of getting this Jeep renamed!  Call Chrysler, call your Congressman (they sure aren't busy fixing the budget), call whoever you have to!  Save the Cherokee by leaving it alone.  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 02/26/13
11:43 AM

Perhaps you should express your concerns to Fiat, they're running the show now.  I never really cared for any Jeeps.  The 2014 Cherokee looks like an improvement when it comes to looks at least.
2014 Jeep Cherokee 101 626X382  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice