Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Center console and heater problems

| 
Patricia Phillips Patricia Phillips
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/20/13
06:25 AM

I have a 2013 Altima with 1800 miles on it.  I have had it back to the dealer 4 times to have the center console fixed. The problem is not resolved, but a larger issue has taken precedence.

Now I have taken the car back to the dealership four times for the heater. When both sides were set for 80 deg, the right blew out tepid air and the left frigid air.  The service agent felt both sides, agreed that something was wrong and set an appointment to repair.  When I took it in, they couldn't replicate the issue and told me they couldn't fix it if they couldn't replicate the issue.  

The second time, both vents blew only frigid air until the dail was turned to 88 or 89 deg.  At that time the air changed from frigid to heat blast.  There was no in between.  Once again, I took it in, they witnessed the problem and set an appointment for repair.  Again then could not replicate the problem, so they could not fix it.  I had them check the records which documented that they had witnessed the problem and they agreed that they had indeed.

The service manager then began to explain to me that the new Nissan Altima  has a heat sensor that checks the outside and the cabin air temperature and will not kick on the heat or air if the need is not indicated by their sensor.

At that point, I threatened to call the owner who is on TV regularly saying "If it has our name on it, you have our word on it."

Immediately, they provided a loaner and kept my car.  The next day, they called to say that they have now ordered parts.  

I have driven a Toyota Camry since 1973, each of them had almost 200,000 miles when traded.  I have never had a defect or even a repair beyond basic maintenance.  I am beside myself with buyers remorse!  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice