Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2003 Dodge Durango blower for heat n AC

| 
knucklehead811 knucklehead811
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/13/13
06:23 PM

I bought a 2003 Durango used. Laugh  After a month the blower under the dash quit. Ooo  The resister and pig tail conector had a short and rendered the blower dead in the water. I replaced the blower, resister and pigtail. I was back in business again. Smile  After about six months the blower quit again. Frown  The new resister does not show any signs of arching in the conector socket, but the male (pigtail) end shows burn damage in one pin socket. Confused  Does any body out there know what caused this malfunction and the solution for a permenate fix? Tongue  

carolwaterson carolwaterson
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/13
Posted: 08/28/13
05:39 AM

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, but I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with this issue. My husband also has a 2003 Durango. After replacing the AC blower about a year ago (as his also died) a few weeks ago the AC stopped working again. We took it into the shop, only to be told the heating/cooling coil needed to be replaced - to the tune of $1200. (Apparently they need to take the entire dashboard off, and yadayada.) Do you think this could be your issue as well?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Dodge Durango
29995 - 43395
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV