Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

car vs car vs car

| 
bigdave11 bigdave11
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/07/13
12:11 PM

I have the ability to purchase one of the three following cars.  Each has about the same milage (48,000-52,000) and are all within the +/- $27,000 range.  Except for appearance I have no general knowledge of either car. Taking everything into consideration who would recommend what?  Thanks, I really appreciate any input I can get.
...2008 Jaguar Vanden Plas
...2006 BMW 750Li
..2006 Mercedes CLS 500  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 03/08/13
04:53 AM

All are beautiful vehicles!  The Jaguar comes from the Ford era of ownership, so the reliability was higher than in years prior.  That said, look out for electrical issues.  Definitely the most "old world" look of the the bunch- a true classic.  

The BMW is the sportiest of the bunch.  Probably not as luxurious, but the difference isn't great.  

The Mercedes likely has the most cache of the three.  Beautiful car, and likely my choice of the three.

The question is, why do you want to spend that much on an older luxury car, when for the same money, you can buy a new mid-market car with more amenities today.  My sister-in-law has a 2006 Jaguar S-Type that's been a great car (100,000 miles on it now), but it has no navigation, no bluetooth, fewer airbags and no warranty.  

If you are financing a car that old, the finance charges would make it more expensive than a $35,000 new car, and you likely wouldn't have a decent warranty.  Unless you're turning the wrenches yourself, those cars can get real expensive real quick.  Just a brake job can cost a grand on some of those cars.  If you really want the lux cars, you might be better off leasing.  Full warranty, and maintenance is often covered.  

Eurocars are great driver's cars, but in my experience, they're fussy and expensive to keep up.  After driving my sister-in-law's S-Type (admittedly not the best Jaguar, but not the worst either), I found out how much I missed the techno stuff in my Mazda6.  That said, there are few cars that can compare to the comfort of the thrones in the Jaguar.  

So of the three, I'd take the Benz, but if you're stuck on those three, it's a matter of what looks and drives best for you.  Good luck!  

bigdave11 bigdave11
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/08/13
06:04 AM

Thanks for the info...what if i went with a comparable Lexus...not totally familiar but I think their flagship 430, 460?  I would think I would get the luxury with fewer problems.  

Cane.White Cane.White
New User | Posts: 27 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/19/13
10:49 AM

Jaguars have the best look. But all three of your choices are really superb. Lexus is easy to maintain and cheap to fix and insure.  
OC Glasscraft is a locally owned and managed company offering convenient and professional auto glass repair and replacement service throughout Southern California. We offer while-you-wait service and professionally equipped service vehicles to repair or replace your glass on site.

penlady89 penlady89
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 04/24/13
02:45 AM

I have always liked BMW's for their durability and sporty look. I would therefore choose the Bimmer!!  

John Abrahim John Abrahim
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/12/13
11:42 AM

you should buy BMW Wink  

honeymadam honeymadam
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/15/13
11:11 PM

My heart says the Jaguar, but BMW is better contender here. If you are going to drive it on a regular basis, then go for the BMW, if you prefer more show, then its the Jag. Also take some comparisons from other places. Just type automotix in google and you will find a good source for comparison of cars.  

will102882 will102882
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 05/17/13
08:14 PM

As someone who looks at cars all day every day I would say.... RUN!  

All three are cool cars in their own right but the upkeep will be a bear on every one of them.  Not to mention you are about to hit the really slippery part of the depreciation curve and if you mile them up even modestly you'll be left with almost no value.  

A loaded Maxima may not have the same clout but it will cost you a ton less to keep on the road.  

If there is a clout factor to be considered pass on the CLS and get an E class.  WAY better car(and a personal favorite) - CLS already starting to look pretty dated in my opinion.  

steven.thompson103 steven.thompson103
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/18/13
01:07 AM

Personally my favorite of the bunch is the Jag.  Just a classy looking car. I like BMWs, but the 750 just looks too long IMO. Yes, the Jag is long too, but it just looks...different. Ya know?  

joayvanis joayvanis
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/23/13
11:18 PM

i am really impressed with you, you are going good though forum. Laugh  

chrispitt chrispitt
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/28/13
11:35 PM

All are good car my friend, but in my opinion you should buy BMW. Because this car is really awesome.  

JustinD001 JustinD001
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 03/14
Posted: 03/26/14
12:01 AM

Jaguar is best car on rough road and has luxury SUVs combine off-road capabilities and interior comfort, creating the ultimate in rugged sophistication.  

Mithachiku Mithachiku
User | Posts: 79 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 03/26/14
12:56 AM

Both BMW and Jaguar are good but both have own quality and look if you want in daily basis, i will suggest you BMW otherwise Jaguar. Jaguar have awesome look.Jaguar is better car on rough road. Jaguar has luxury SUVs combination with comfort interior.

http://www.haleyhasitforless.com/  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice