Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Steering or suspension problem 2005 Jeep Liberty

| 
backinthesaddle backinthesaddle
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/04/10
06:16 AM

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty with 83K miles and just recently the vehicle has demonstrated a steering/suspension problem. It has fairly new Bridgestone radials with about 10K of mileage. When the vehicle has been driven for 10 miles or so and and more than 65 mph, it begins to wander and feel unstable. It almost feels as if it hydroplanes slightly or your sliding on ice for a split second. It seems to be a little worse on concrete surfaces than asphalt.

I have taken the vehicle in for inspection to a reputable (and often used) tire and brake shop and they did a front end re-alighnment (actually twice), but could find nothing wrong with the suspension.

The vehicle has the original shocks and springs.

NOTE: The lower ball joint recall (replacement) had been completed last year.  

John Skleres John Skleres
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/27/13
09:09 PM

I once owned the same year and experienced the same problem. After two weeks for Jeep/Chrysler bringing in technical Reps. They replaced rack and pinion, replaced all 4- shocks switch tires around, the rear center ball joint and arms. Finally they found the left lower rear control was defective. The vehicle finally drove like new. But I still felt unsafe so I traded it in for a new Jeep Wrangler. If you go to Safer Car. com check for many complaints of this type.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2012 Jeep Liberty
23395 - 28995
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV