Item Posts   

Your Thoughts - Four Seasons 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE

| 
Evan.McCausland Evan.McCausland
Administrator | Posts: 155 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 06/28/10
01:41 PM

2011 Hyundai Sonta Se

We've just taken delivery of our latest Four Seasons vehicle -- a 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE -- and we'd like to know your thoughts on Hyundai's latest midsize foray.

Have any opinions on the shapely new Sonata? Any questions you'd like us to answer in future Four Seasons updates? Submit them here, and we'll try to answer them as best as we can.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 06/28/10
05:20 PM

I have no complaints here Cumberford's styling analysis about Robert Cumberford's styling analysis on this beast, that is attracting the American consumer the old fashion 1950 something way with mucho chrome up front.  Even FoMoCo is playing the same game now with their Fusion, which is just more proof of "what comes around goes around."  It works for the time being, until it wears out its welcome that is, and after that the whole idea of blacking out the grill ala AMG Hammer begins to look cool again.  Otherwise I can't blame Automobile Magazine for giving the Sonata a long term test run.  My guess in your hands at least it will hold up well.  I say that because even Vdubs for some odd reason seem to hold up well in long-term tests published by America's big auto magazines, while a lot of other people feel the opposite about VW reliability.  None the less from everything I've read and seen so far, this car is very competitive with the other main-streamers (Camry, Accord, Malibu, Fusion) it's aimed at. If I really needed a machine this big  Tongue I'd include it on my shopping list.  

Evan.McCausland Evan.McCausland
Administrator | Posts: 155 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 07/07/10
12:11 PM

@Austin Cooper: rest assured we weren't easy on our Four Seasons Jetta TDI, and we haven't been very light footed with our Four Seasons GTI. We've been pretty impressed with how both cars were/are holding up, which says something about how things are improving over in the house of Vee-Dub.

And I'm with you on the Sonata -- drove it for the first time last night, and I'm mightily impressed. I'm thinking it may be one of my favorite midsize offerings, but as you say, I want to see how this holds up for the next twelve months. If it's anything like our Genesis sedan, I expect to have few complaints.  

Austin Cooper Austin Cooper
User | Posts: 167 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 07/08/10
01:45 PM

Well Evan a couple of years ago my sister in law owned a Jetta, not the diesel, and she didn't have any major complaints with its reliability too. While just doing a Google search though for VW TDI reliability leads to plenty of unhappy owners.  It appears to have its share of electrical gremlins.  I myself am afraid to touch Vdub products after my family owned a 2nd generation Audi 5000, that I remember going back and forth to the service department.  

Andrew Peterson Andrew Peterson
Moderator | Posts: 161 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 07/09/10
11:37 AM

The Sonata's impressed me so far, but I have yet to get behind the wheel of one. The interior looks nice and feels pretty good for the most part though. Interested to see how it holds up over the next 12 months. Our Genesis held up amazingly.  

AutomobileStaff AutomobileStaff
Administrator | Posts: 16 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 07/12/10
08:41 AM

I'm plenty impressed with the Sonata's highway demeanor -- I reset the fuel economy gauge during a trip from Howell to Alma, Michigan, and watched it average roughly 34-35 mpg. Impressive, considering the cruise control was set at 75 mph, but one look @ the tachometer helped explain why -- the 2.4L was turning around 2100-2200 rpm.

Those wondering what the Sonata would be like with a little more power may wish to check out our review of the next up-and-coming variant, the 2011 Sonata 2.0 Turbo.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1007_2011_hyundai_sonata_20t/index.html  

PhillyJake PhillyJake
New User | Posts: 43 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 08/18/10
12:45 PM

It's a very sharp looking car.

You guys need to drive it back to back with an Accord & Camry and report on that.  Throw in a Malibu & Fusion into the mix, too.

If you need some non-scribe to come along on the test, I volunteer myself, who'd enjoy driving them all back to back.  

JBergs JBergs
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/25/13
05:58 AM

I have the 2011 Sonata with the nicer rims and duel exhaust, but I do tend to drive much to fast on the highway and I am going through tires to soon. I have the OEM Hancook Optimas , and Im looking for a different tire that would still look good and give me a longer tire life and still have a good higher speed rating along with a reasonable price tag?

Any and all help/suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks  

mpeterson734 mpeterson734
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/03/13
11:16 PM

Well i think that in your arms at least it will keep up well.  I say that because even Vdubs for some odd purpose seem to keep up well in long-term assessments released by The united state's big automatic publications, while a lot of other individuals experience the other about VW stability . . . . . . .

Click Here  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Hyundai Sonata
21150 - 33525
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan