Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Bad tire or bad luck???

| 
mmm76 mmm76
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
07:47 AM

On Fri. 1/18 I got a used 225/55/17 Firestone for $50. The tread is great, but... Didn't drive over the weekend. On Mon. discovered tire was leaking & found a nail. The guy repaired it for free. Last night (Thurs) I was going to leave for work & found tire almost flat. We found a hole w/ nothing stuck in it. Being that I had to get to work & it was late night we repaired it ourselves. So was I sold a bad tire or is that just how it goes? If I drove through tire puncturing debris what a coincidence that the only tire on the car w/ damage is that one. My job requires me to work the late shift alone w/ some in town driving & I don't have a cell phone.  Shocked I know. Anyways, I'm feeling a bit concerned about getting stranded. Should I go by another used tire? Should I tell the guy to replace the one he sold me? (do people do this?) Budget is VERY tight. Would appreciate any opinion. Should I be looking for a different brand when shopping used tires?  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 01/26/13
08:42 PM

Make sure your tire is well inflated.  I like to keep mine over manufacturer's recommendation because I know, they're going to lose air, no matter what.  From what I've discovered on my bicycle at least, low pressure tires make for an easier flat.  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

john9755c john9755c
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 03/07/13
02:22 PM

hi
i purchase new tire for my car but the service of that tire is not good what should i do . the tire is under guarantee of company.
---------
java tutorials
c tutorials
c++ tutorials
c++ notes  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 03/07/13
05:50 PM

Icon Quotejohn9755c:
hi
i purchase new tire for my car but the service of that tire is not good what should i do . the tire is under guarantee of company.
---------

Since you said "the service of that tire is not good."  I am wondering specifically how this tire has failed you? Since whatever company guarantees it, did you mention this to them?  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

askaricars! askaricars!
New User | Posts: 21 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/04/13
12:20 PM

mm why are u saying that the tires are not good,what things are making it bad?  

John Abrahim John Abrahim
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/12/13
11:01 AM

it is not a big issue for company , you should claim your warranty and do complain to director of company  

whitestone1 whitestone1
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/24/13
10:01 PM

Hey John,
Second person John Abrahimhave a good suggestion for you agree with John.. You should complain to the company.. If your tires really in under warranty..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice