Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Bad tire or bad luck???

| 
mmm76 mmm76
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
07:47 AM

On Fri. 1/18 I got a used 225/55/17 Firestone for $50. The tread is great, but... Didn't drive over the weekend. On Mon. discovered tire was leaking & found a nail. The guy repaired it for free. Last night (Thurs) I was going to leave for work & found tire almost flat. We found a hole w/ nothing stuck in it. Being that I had to get to work & it was late night we repaired it ourselves. So was I sold a bad tire or is that just how it goes? If I drove through tire puncturing debris what a coincidence that the only tire on the car w/ damage is that one. My job requires me to work the late shift alone w/ some in town driving & I don't have a cell phone.  Shocked I know. Anyways, I'm feeling a bit concerned about getting stranded. Should I go by another used tire? Should I tell the guy to replace the one he sold me? (do people do this?) Budget is VERY tight. Would appreciate any opinion. Should I be looking for a different brand when shopping used tires?  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 01/26/13
08:42 PM

Make sure your tire is well inflated.  I like to keep mine over manufacturer's recommendation because I know, they're going to lose air, no matter what.  From what I've discovered on my bicycle at least, low pressure tires make for an easier flat.  
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

john9755c john9755c
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 03/07/13
02:22 PM

hi
i purchase new tire for my car but the service of that tire is not good what should i do . the tire is under guarantee of company.
---------
java tutorials
c tutorials
c++ tutorials
c++ notes  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 03/07/13
05:50 PM

Icon Quotejohn9755c:
hi
i purchase new tire for my car but the service of that tire is not good what should i do . the tire is under guarantee of company.
---------

Since you said "the service of that tire is not good."  I am wondering specifically how this tire has failed you? Since whatever company guarantees it, did you mention this to them?  
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

askaricars! askaricars!
New User | Posts: 21 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/04/13
12:20 PM

mm why are u saying that the tires are not good,what things are making it bad?  

John Abrahim John Abrahim
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/12/13
11:01 AM

it is not a big issue for company , you should claim your warranty and do complain to director of company  

whitestone1 whitestone1
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/24/13
10:01 PM

Hey John,
Second person John Abrahimhave a good suggestion for you agree with John.. You should complain to the company.. If your tires really in under warranty..  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice