Research a Vehicle

Select a vehicle to research pricing,see photos,compare similar vehicles and much more.
Research Now

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2009 nissan altima coupe SE

| 
perrylynn2@gmail.com perrylynn2@gmail.com
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/12/12
02:12 PM

Just purchased this car and am wondering if there is any problems that I should be aware of,  I just had its 45K mile check up but i am concerned about possible issues in the future that should be checked prior to what the manual states.  I had a VW GTI that blew the engine at 77K because the timing belt broke and I was told by VW not to worry timinig belts are good til around 102K. Obviously not!  So if anyone has any information or insights please respond.  

novvict novvict
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/07/12
05:20 AM

Within 2 months of ownership of this new car, battery replaced and died 4 times, brakes and rotors replaced AND went out 6 times, paint on trim is peeling, multiple electrical issues. A real lemon and a dangerous vehicle to drive. I know 3 other people who purchased their 2009 Nissan Altima 2 dr Coupes in the 2.5 and 3.5 versions who have been having similar issues.
Found this review with google search  

igorrawwel igorrawwel
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/10/12
05:19 AM

Well, if this review is true, I think you should think twice before buying it  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 12/11/12
03:53 AM

I had a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, and had no real issues with it, other than a loose center armrest.  It was a lease, so I returned it with 36,000 miles on it after 3 years.  I did speak to a guy that owned a 2009, and there was some issue with oil sludge in the engines.  That was with the 2.5, but I haven't heard that from anyone else.  

My friend has a 2010 Coupe, and she loves it.  Great looking car, and cheaper than the G35, which is basically the same car.  

You mentioned the VW, and when I turned in my Nissan, I bought a VW Passat.  Easily the worst car I've ever owned!  At 63,000 miles, I was at my 3rd set of front axles, an alternator, water pump, air conditioner, CD player was dead and a host of other issues.  Not only that, everything cost a fortune to fix.  Stick with the Japanese, and you'll be pleasantly pleased with the cost of ownership, especially after driving Euro.  I'd go Euro again, but only on a lease.  

novvict novvict
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/13/12
06:53 AM

So, OP, any information update?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2016 Nissan Altima
22500 - 32090
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan