Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2009 nissan altima coupe SE

| 
perrylynn2@gmail.com perrylynn2@gmail.com
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/12/12
03:12 PM

Just purchased this car and am wondering if there is any problems that I should be aware of,  I just had its 45K mile check up but i am concerned about possible issues in the future that should be checked prior to what the manual states.  I had a VW GTI that blew the engine at 77K because the timing belt broke and I was told by VW not to worry timinig belts are good til around 102K. Obviously not!  So if anyone has any information or insights please respond.  

novvict novvict
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/07/12
06:20 AM

Within 2 months of ownership of this new car, battery replaced and died 4 times, brakes and rotors replaced AND went out 6 times, paint on trim is peeling, multiple electrical issues. A real lemon and a dangerous vehicle to drive. I know 3 other people who purchased their 2009 Nissan Altima 2 dr Coupes in the 2.5 and 3.5 versions who have been having similar issues.
Found this review with google search  

igorrawwel igorrawwel
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/10/12
06:19 AM

Well, if this review is true, I think you should think twice before buying it  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 12/11/12
04:53 AM

I had a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, and had no real issues with it, other than a loose center armrest.  It was a lease, so I returned it with 36,000 miles on it after 3 years.  I did speak to a guy that owned a 2009, and there was some issue with oil sludge in the engines.  That was with the 2.5, but I haven't heard that from anyone else.  

My friend has a 2010 Coupe, and she loves it.  Great looking car, and cheaper than the G35, which is basically the same car.  

You mentioned the VW, and when I turned in my Nissan, I bought a VW Passat.  Easily the worst car I've ever owned!  At 63,000 miles, I was at my 3rd set of front axles, an alternator, water pump, air conditioner, CD player was dead and a host of other issues.  Not only that, everything cost a fortune to fix.  Stick with the Japanese, and you'll be pleasantly pleased with the cost of ownership, especially after driving Euro.  I'd go Euro again, but only on a lease.  

novvict novvict
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/13/12
07:53 AM

So, OP, any information update?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Nissan Altima
22300 - 31950
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan