Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Is it a lemon?

| 
fallen_starr1 fallen_starr1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/06/13
08:02 PM

I went to test drive and buy a 2013 SE Focus with the 201A and MyTouch package and had a slightly unsettling encounter. The sales guy had to jump the battery because it had gone dead (should I worry?) and then we noticed that the navigation and the rest of the electronics were not running even though the car was….I mean not even the gas gauge was functioning!  I was told that the system tripped when the battery went dead and that all that was needed was to have a new batty put in and have the system reset. The service department was closed because it was a Sunday so this explanation couldn’t be verified. Naturally I told them to fix it first and then id think about purchasing. I know that the mustang and a few other vehicles have had electrical issues, but I haven’t read that this is an issue with any models/years of the Focus. My question is…was the dealership being truthful or is the thing really just a lemon that I should avoid? Thank you!!  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 01/14/13
05:29 PM

I've heard a lot of people complain about My Ford Touch being anything but user friendly.  My brother picked up a 2013 Fusion and is quite happy with the way it performs though.  I'd be more concerned about the battery going dead on a brand new car though, more than anything else.  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice