Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Is Tesla being built to be bought out?

| 
will102882 will102882
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 01/13/13
06:02 PM

Is Tesla a legitimate automobile company or do you think they are a technology company showing off, trying to land a big takeover bid?

The Model S looks incredible and it sounds like they have plans for an SUV and smaller sedan in the works.  I question whether they can overcome the barriers of entry without at least forming a partnership with a larger manufacturer?  I don't see Tesla popping up dealerships all around the country and lets all hope they don't try the boutique approach the Fiat is failing with.  

I'm really excited about the technology and I wouldn't mind swinging in to the Benz dealership to pick one up... I just wonder if TSLA is a takeover or a long term investment.  

molpert molpert
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
07:19 AM

I think that there is settled market and there is high competition. That is simple answer I think.  

askaricars! askaricars!
New User | Posts: 22 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/10/13
02:55 AM

agree with molpert  

daniel.zilch daniel.zilch
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/02/13
10:19 PM

I don't think that Elon Musk's goal is to be bought out. He is already a billionaire by co-founding PayPal. He strikes me as the sort who truly wants to make a difference and change the world.

Totally disagree with Molpert, the market for high end electric vehicles is basically Tesla and Fisker but Fisker is struggling. Consumer Reports just rated the Tesla Model S as the "best car it has ever rated". I think Tesla is here to remake the industry, not to be bought out by the industry.

Time will tell.  
I'm a huge Camaro geek!

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice