1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

Best looking family cars

| 
nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 12/19/12
10:11 AM

Everyone loves exotic cars, musclecars and sports cars.  Well, at least those on this forum.  But the reality is that most of us need a practical family sedan.  Sadly, some are rather dowdy.  There seems to be new interest in building truly sexy sedans as of late.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Kia Optima- this one could almost pass as a Jaguar for its beauty

Hyundai Genesis- very popular for its looks alone

Ford Fusion- the last one was ok, but the new one is beautiful

2014 Mazda 6- I own a 2010, and while I don't want a whole new set of car payments, this is truly a work of art.  

Anyone else?  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/19/12
05:29 PM

The Aston Martin grill Ford used in the Fusion was a nice touch.

Even though I'm quite use to them, the Sonata was a breakthrough at first.

I'm tired of the Chrysler 300, Bentley ripoff look though.  You can put the Impala and Malibu on the this is what happens when Uncle Sam owns GM list.  Tongue  
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

polanro polanro
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/21/12
05:59 AM

Kia optima is a leader here as for me  

lovelyflowersweb@gmail.com lovelyflowersweb@gmail.com
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/24/12
07:32 AM

Taking into account your needs, I'd recommend you to look at these 3 cars:
- Dodge Durango,
- Honda Odyssey,
- Toyota Sienna  

will102882 will102882
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 12/24/12
11:58 AM

Infiniti G37 is my top choice for family sedan.  I love the sound of the engine and AWD is a nice add for a Midwest family.  

I like everything on your list except the KIA.  The style is great but the quality still isn't there for me.  That opinion isn't based on any research other than driving around in a few of them.  

igorrawwel igorrawwel
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/25/12
07:15 AM

Latest Ford Fusion is good  

Asher Asher
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/27/12
05:43 AM

I think that family cars are designed for comfort and safety, not for best look  

obdhidled obdhidled
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/23/13
12:47 AM

you can say it again, best look is not the most important for a family car.  
obd diagnostic tools, hid xenon, auto led, www.cyue-tech.com

sonia.zems sonia.zems
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 02/01/13
01:42 AM

Generally, people buy family cars as a standard car, and moreover be safe. They don't think of having it as stylish, but their emphasis is on safety and comfort.

My Mercedes is both good as a family as well as a single car too....

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS  

adelitaashmi adelitaashmi
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/02/13
03:03 AM

If you are thinking of starting a family or your plans are in a far more advanced stage then it is time to swap that sports car or supermini for a family car capable of seating a growing family very comfortably. If you are in the market for a family car then here are some good options for you to consider which have the space and features that will help make travelling en masse that little bit easier.  

Posted: 02/02/13
10:24 AM

Icon Quotesonia.zems:
Generally, people buy family cars as a standard car, and moreover be safe. They don't think of having it as stylish, but their emphasis is on safety and comfort.

My Mercedes is both good as a family as well as a single car too....

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

A SL Benz for a family car?  Oh really?  Better buy a 3rd car or refrain from having kids.  

Bruce Colins Bruce Colins
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/05/13
01:22 AM

Friend I agree with your opinion totally.. I think Lancer is also one which fall in this category.. What you say...  

Posted: 02/06/13
04:06 AM

Icon QuoteBruce Colins:
Friend I agree with your opinion totally.. I think Lancer is also one which fall in this category.. What you say...

It does have an aggressive bulldog look to it.  But doesn't do much to advance the state of automotive design.

USC30MIC102A0  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
10:09 AM

To the one on the SL, either you meant an S-class or you don't own a Benz.  Sorry, but the latter seems more likely.  Hey, this forum caters to car guys (or gals), and I don't know any car guy/gal that can't even identify his own car.

To the Lancer fan, cool-looking car, but I don't know how much longer Mitsubishi is going to be around, at least as a regular car company.  I've heard they're going mostly electric.  

To the fan of the Durango/Sienna/Odyssey, I don't like the minivan/SUV set.  They're too big for my needs, too pricey for my wallet, and too boring to drive for my sanity.  

As for style, I think it absolutely has to do with how well a family car sells, though it's not the only thing that buyers look at.  I've owned bought 4 midsize family cars over the past decade and a half, and style figured into every purchase.  

Gold 1995 Camry- Yeah, kind of boring today, but look at the other sedans of its day.  That car looked a lot more expensive than it was.  The 1997 remodel looked lousy by comparison.  Seems like they were all gold in color, but maybe that added to the near-lux look of the car.

2005 Altima 2.5 SL-  great looking car even now.  It had red paint and tan leather interior, and the taillights were the best looking design in the business at the time.  Sporty feel, though interior surfaces didn't hold up as well as they should have, nor did the paint- chipped too easily.

Grey 2004 Passat V6- Handsome German sedan with real wood dash inserts, and cool blue lighting.  The headlight design looked great.  This car could nearly pass as a Benz or BMW for materials.  Too bad it was horribly unreliable.

Black 2010 Mazda6- love the front fenders, and the headlights and foglights look mean at night.  Real aluminum on the dash is a nice touch.  Only wish it had the cool tailpipes of the V6 model.  So far, a great car (42,000 miles).  Hope to keep it as long as I had the Camry (8 years).  

TaurusSHO TaurusSHO
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/12
04:30 PM

Ford Taurus
2010 Ford Taurus Sho Awd Pic 5444487304443059007

Chrysler 300
SD 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 Photo Rear

2014 Chevrolet Impala
2014 Chevrolet Impala Side View

Ford Fusion
04WHEE Articlelarge

Mercury Grand Marquis
2008 Mercury  
R.I.P Mercury and the Grand Marquis 1/4/11 @7:46 a.m.
Ford Panther Platform: 1978-2011
Broughams are meant for cruising the highway and the boulevard, not the quarter mile.  Enjoying the ride, instead of getting it over with as soon as possible.

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice