Ad Radar

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

1 |  2 |  Next 
Item Posts   

Will BMW be out of business in 10 years?

| 
will102882 will102882
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/13/12
07:02 PM

I know... it sounds crazy.  Hear me out:

Audi provides the driver's car and Benz will always be king of luxury.  Where does that leave BMW?  In my opinion with a bunch of bland cars that wouldn't get the time of day if they didn't have BMW on them (at least not for the prices they currently go for).  

Maybe I'm a hater but I deal with many different makes and models on a daily basis.  I find myself less excited every day about the BMW's I do see.  They throw the "M" around so much it doesn't mean anything anymore.  

It just seems to me like they are making mistake after mistake.  

geezer44 geezer44
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/16/12
09:02 AM

From the sound of your message is appears that you only look at BMWs but don't ever drive them.  If you really love driving, there's nothing short of a Porsche 2-seater that is more engaging, fun, good handling, and clearly meant to be driven by someone who loves to drive.  Audis are too front heavy and the FWD architecture impedes BMW-level handling.  BMWs are the ultimate driving machine.  I own them because of the way  they drive, not for prestige or status.  

will102882 will102882
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/16/12
09:55 AM

I've been blessed enough to have the opportunity to drive just about everything short of the exotics.  I would say BMW's were the ultimate driving machine.  I love the old 540 6spd!  Even the not so far removed V10 M5 was an amazing car!  Even though it wasn't the best performance setup - that car had soul for days!  

I just find myself being less and less excited when the newer BMW's cross my path.  It seems like a bad sign to me that I'd be more excited about a 2001 than a 2011 from any manufacturer.  

I am a far cry from a professional driver but I guess I have a hard time understanding how the people that brought us the Z8 can be pushing out these cars with no feeling today.  From a technology standpoint I'm sure they are top notch.    

In my opinion if 2011 to 2021 has the same drop in automotive greatness as the last ten years have had, I'd rather own a 2021 Hyundai than BMW.  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 10/19/12
08:39 AM

There are car brands that need to disappear.  Lincoln is the first to come to mind.  Slap an ugly grill on a Ford and add 10 grand to the price...  As for BMW, drive a 3-series.  Nothing surpasses that car in its class.  The Audi has a prettier interior.  The Cadillac has more distinctive styling.  When it comes to driving though, nothing beats the Bimmer.  As for the Mercedes, I think it's a good looking car, but if I'm going luxury, give me the E-class or the S-class.  

writerlilly writerlilly
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/15/12
11:45 AM

I doubt it. Even though the economy doesn't seem to be doing so well now, German economy is still strong. And they're pretty resilient.

They produce quality engines and while conservative on their designs, they can always marry up with sharp designers, perhaps the Italians. Then you'd get a really dynamic BMW brand. David Stanley Dodge  

Bruce Bruce
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/16/12
10:45 PM

Hi,
I know its sound crazy. but i am not sure about it is out of business I think it recover by launching new cars soon.
SEO Company  

novvict novvict
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/07/12
06:21 AM

No way. BMW is one of the most reliable EU cars.  

rodds@linuxmail.org rodds@linuxmail.org
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 12/13/12
08:15 AM

Yes, I totally agree with you.
BMW is one of the best brands available in the car market.
I was impressed by parameters of 2013 BMW M5!
What do you think about it?  

glyphics1943@gmail.com glyphics1943@gmail.com
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/15/12
11:51 PM

Audi a drivers' car? With a FWD platform hanging the engine out in front of the front axle?

Audi may be the benchmark of build quality and their designers do a more credible job than BMW or Mercedes (except for the BMWs designed by Joji Nagashima) but BMW is still the benchmark for driving dynamics.

For me, that makes this thread's question moot. Actually, it's Mercedes Benz that is struggling to keep up at the moment.  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 12/17/12
05:06 AM

I think Jaguar is in more trouble than any other luxury marque.  They don't have an entry vehicle to compete with the 3-series/C-class/4-series, and they've muddled their styling.  Don't get me wrong, they have amazing interiors (though nothing compares with Audi, Jaguar ranks high), but the exterior is too Lexus-like.  When the Euros start copying the Japanese in luxury, what does that mean?  Hell has frozen over?  

haf042 haf042
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/17/12
11:28 PM

no way..not at all,BMW is best in all and i think it will always be...  

polanro polanro
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/21/12
05:59 AM

Can't see any difficulties for BMW in the market for now  

DanTTshowbiz DanTTshowbiz
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 12/23/12
04:05 PM

BMW isn't going anywhere. Getting a Bimmer is the first sign that you have "made" it...although a lot of wannabes like to buy the older cars after they have 100,000 miles on them and pretend they have money and then they go to shops where I used to work and put cheap mix matched tires on them and refuse service because they can't afford the maintenance on it.  
------------------------
The extra T is for extra talent.

Cars Past
-'86 Mazda B200, 5spd
-'06 Chevy Cobalt LS, 5spd
-'09 Kia Rio, 4spd auto
Cars present
- '06 Mazda Speed6, 6spd

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/23/12
07:56 PM

If any automobile manufacturer is going to go out of business, from what I've heard, Fisker is having some serious financial problems now.  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

lovelyflowersweb@gmail.com lovelyflowersweb@gmail.com
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/24/12
07:30 AM

Does BMW have any special offers for this vehicle. They are advertising up to $3500 holiday incentive?  

1 |  2 |  Next 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice