Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

The new Toyota 4Runner...

| 
Gastrodoc Gastrodoc
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/12
Posted: 07/20/12
08:50 AM

Along with my A8 that I use primarily as my commuter, I have a nice white 2007 4Runner SR5 i-force V8.  My experience with this model has been outstanding despite the poor gas mileage.  I average about 15.5-16.0 mpg.  It is a solid performer both off and on road.  Surprisingly smooth ride when not pushed off road.  The down-hill-assist-control is a nice option preventing from any roll back on steep climbs.  Reliability has been flawless; never had a single issue after 60K miles.

I went to look at the new 2013 4Runner.  Is it just me or has Toyota implemented massive cost cutting measures on this new model?  The rear Koito LEDs are gone and now are standard bulbs, front Koito projectors gone and now is a standard halogen by Valeo as well as the fog lights.  The antenna is now external and fixed to the front right in which my opinion is ugly.  The last time I saw a exposed antenna was years ago.  My 2007 antenna is in part of the rear windows.  Then the speedometer with numbers display that will possibly make you dizzy trying to follow the upside down number progression going 360 degrees.  And, my favorite V8 has been eliminated.  V6 is the only engine option available.

I can understand that it is the goal of automotive manufacturers to continually implement cost cutting measures while increasing profit margin.  But those measures sure do show on this new 4Runner model.  Toyota surely maintains the rugged character of this new model but it now lacks the nice features that were once available on the previous 4Runners.

I am disappointed.  I don't think I will be purchasing the new 4Runner anytime soon unless Toyota brings back some of the nice features once available.  

As a note, the new Lexus GX looks spectacular (Toyota Land Cruiser Prado in Japan)!  It would be great if Toyota implemented some of the exterior and interior features of the GX into the new 4Runner.

Anyone agree?  

JimmyHelu JimmyHelu
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 07/12
Posted: 07/25/12
11:36 AM

amazing post

thanks for sharing  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Toyota 4Runner
32820 - 43400
Button Getmyprice