Research a Vehicle

Select a vehicle to research pricing,see photos,compare similar vehicles and much more.
Research Now

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking
Item Posts   

2009 ford escape xlt

monagoode monagoode
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/21/12
04:25 PM

i have a 2009 ford escape xlt that will shut off as you are driving down the road or pulling out. i have already had to change a timing coil. i am wondering if how many other people have had this or these problems with their escapes. at times the rpms will rise but the vehicle will slow almost to a stop, it will also shut off at times when you stop at a red light. if you had these problems i would like to hear from you.  

blc1306 blc1306
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/06/12
02:45 PM

My 2009 Ford Escape ltd doesn't shut off BUT when I'm at a light or stop sign, it just won't go-I press on the gas & nothing-it happened four times before I finanlly called Ford & they said it was "probably" the Throttle Body.  After a bit of "I'm never buying a Ford again" they agreed to replace it-I called Ford directly to complain that I was going to get killed if I was pulling out & the truck wouldn't go & a car-or worse-semi was coming...They said they would "participate" in the "recall" but there really isn't one-I just had it replaced today-hopefully this will solve my problem-by the way-I only had 37,000 miles on this vehicle & it's been recalled twice for other issues & before 36k, I had to have the 6 changer CD replaced & the 1st control on the air conditioner.
New User | Posts: 16 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/05/12
02:12 AM

I found it really informational and useful. Thanks a lot foe sharing such an interesting and meaningful article.
Manpower services
Agency for recruitment
Recruitment agency in Pakistan  

Showbuyersguide Hide
2017 Ford Escape
23600 - 30850
Button Getmyprice
Body Style: