Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Honda Odyssey Transmission Problems...

| 
charitykw charitykw
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/02/12
04:57 PM

I am on my 3rd failed transmission from Honda with my 2001 Odyssey. It seems they go out every 60,000-80,000 miles. The first two were replaced with a fight all the way, but nevertheless replaced. Now they absolutely wont replace it because they go by the cars milage and years, not the transmissions. I'm so frustrated and definitely would like to be a part of a class action suit if it ever comes to be. I have 3 children and thought this would be a wonderful family car, and assumed reliable since it's Honda, but I have been hugely dissapointed. I want to know if there is anything I can actually do. It's not fair for a large coorporation to make the consumer who believed in their product suffer and have to deal with this. I have been out of a car with 3 children, including and infant, for 9 mo now. Very sad this can happen with no reprucussions. I want to do something about this, not just for myself, but to not let them get away with this.  

JohnBarbz JohnBarbz
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/28/12
12:05 PM

I totally agree with you and my heart goes out to you!  I have had two transmission failures with my 2001 Odyssey as well.  The first one at 84000 miles and now the second at 180000 miles. Several of my neighbors have had Honda transmission failures as well.  Clear Lake Honda, Houston, stated that the problem is coming from a single USA manufacturer but couldn't explain why the replaced transmission that they installed in 2007 failed.  Honda has refused to do a recall and continues to build faulty transmissions through 2008 and beyond.  They don't seem to care about their brand reputation.  I phoned U.S.A. Honda (1-800-999-1009) today and requested they take responsibility and they refused to do so.  
I would certainly join a clsss action law suit and am seeking media attention through CNN World News.  Sadly they will need to suffer further losses before they will do what is right.  JohnBarbz@att.net  

conlil conlil
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/09/12
11:19 AM

I have a 2000 Odyssey, just started having transmission problems. Help!!!  I will join in on a class action law suit. conlil21@yahoo.com  

charles10 charles10
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/26/12
11:38 PM

Greetings,
I am so disappointed in my 2001 Odyssey mini-van.  I am also sad that I spend $34,000 which is my entire saving for the stupid minivan.  I just lost my feeling for Honda Car in general I will probably never purchase a Honda  for my kids for college.  I am also disappointed that my butthead sales person was not being very truthful so I wasted $1,100 for the extended warranty which I didn’t need it at that time.  A lesson learned I should have walk away at the time when I hear the word extended warranty.  He’s a jerk because he just wanted to make his sales commission off me and simply doesn't care about the product he stands behind he was not been very truthful.  I will probably never be able to save up for my kids college with the way this car keeps broken down.  I am so desperate to join on the CLASS ACTON LAWSUIT and would appreciate any info I can get on the lawsuit.  
I did a little research on the V-6 V-Tech engine and transmission and I have come to learn that they knew about the problems in their V-6 tranny problems since their first V-6 with the Honda Accord back in 1999.  I also talk to my cousin who was also a sales person for Honda and the reason why he left Honda was the simple fact they simply don’t care about the customer when they complain.

CharityKW was so correct in the mileage.  My 2001 Odyssey went out at 65,000 miles so I took it to my local Honda Dealership in Merced, CA to get it diagnose and they told me that the Tranny was bad and they need my car for two days so they can rebuilt the tranny for free of charge because I still have a couple of months left on the warranty.  After the first initial rebuilt the minivan ran fine for about 5 years and then at 119K miles it went out again with the same P-code P0740 and P0780 on it.  I called Merced Honda in Merced, CA and they told me that there is nothing they can do for me because it has no warranty left on the minivan I would have to pay for the repair cost on my own term which cost roughly $3,600 plus $600 - 800 for the labor.  So I decided to call Honda Corps and they told me the same thing.  I have a friend who happens to work for Specialized Parts Planet (LKQ) in Rancho Cordova, CA who told me that they can sale me a used or completely rebuilt one for half of the dealer price.  I drove two hours to pay and pickup a used transmission in the cold December 15, 2011.  I only paid $1,600 plus tax on this used but it does not last very long and it went out again last weekend with just a little over 3K miles on it.  They told me that used transmission has roughly about 60K on it when it was rear ended.

I just pickup a brand-new rebuilt today (March 26, 2012)free of charge because Parts Planet it still has a 6 months warranty on it that I purchased and pick up in December 2011.  I just have this one install in the minivan in December 2011 and now it went out again last weekend on the freeway with my whole family in it to my mom's birthday party.  The new rebuilt tranny is in my garage waiting to be install by my mechanic tomorrow.  I may probably never buy another Honda car until they fix everything.  I also notice that their minivan makes a lot of noise on the road in comparison to Toyota Sienna.  Maybe they didn't have enough insulation or shock assorber to help with the road pavement.

An updated will be provided on the rebuilt transmission that I just pick-up today.

P.S. I lost my trusted in Honda and those dealership sales people.  My finding was that if you are still in the market for a Honda car you better stick to the 4-cylinder model and forget about all these V-6 V-Tech power thingy.  

Umang Kumar Umang Kumar
New User | Posts: 28 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/11/13
10:07 PM

Hello Friends,

Welcome to the Odyssey Transmission site, where you will find a lot of useful information for dealing with your Honda Odyssey transmission problems. You probably found this site after experiencing problems with your Odyssey transmission. Maybe it started slipping between 2nd and 3rd gear, which is the most common thing that people first notice. Perhaps your check engine light came on after a slip occurred, or maybe the TCS light came on while on a road trip, which is another indicator of transmission problems. Whatever the case may be you have a battle ahead, which may cost you on average around $3000.
A brief history of the Odyssey transmission failure, it started with the 1999 model. In December of 2006 a class action settlement was approved, which would give Odyssey owners of 1999-2001 model years an extended warranty on the transmission until 109,000 miles or 7 years and 9 months. Since the time period is now expired the extended warranty is no longer available even if you were included in the class. For newer Odyssey models, a recall was announced to revise the oil cooler return line to increase lubrication to the second gear. This recall was supposed to fix the Odyssey transmission issue that previously occurred in the 1999-2001 models.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Honda Odyssey
28825 - 44450
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Minivan/Van