Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

used engine or remanufactured engine

| 
marshalx8 marshalx8
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/24/12
11:25 AM

which one is better,used engine or remanufactured engine ?
i dont know what is deference between them. Confused  

bob793 bob793
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/24/12
12:15 PM

visit here: usedenginenexus.com  

PhilG PhilG
New User | Posts: 20 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 02/25/12
10:32 PM

A used engine is an engine that usually was removed from a wrecked car.

It can be just fine if the owner of the former car it was in maintained it but that can go from just fine to why did I buy this piece of crxp real quick.

Usually you get a warranty,that is to say-the people that put your engine in will get a warranty for the used engine.

But you have to make sure they pass that on to you.

Things to watch out for are odd noises,oil usage or coolant loss indicating head gasket,or possible engine damage.

Remanufactured engines are just that-used engines that have been rebuilt.

These engines should all come with a good warranty that is valid as long as a good shop or mechanic installs the engine correctly.

Remanufactured engines are more expensive then just used but because the remanufactured engines have mostly new insides you should expect them to last for at least a hundred thousand miles as long as you do your part and maintain them right.

Don't expect that with a used motor.

The alternative to both is a new motor direct from the manufacturer installed by the dealership but that is a hideously expensive option.

But also the most defendable option if you have a problem with the engine installed as these engines should come with the best warranty you can buy.

It all boils down to what is left in the car now as to what is the best option too.

Replacing a motor with a new motor in a car that the suspension is worn out in does'nt make much sense unless you are willing to put the money in to restore the suspension too.

And your choices will greatly depend on who you can get to do the work and how much you can trust them to do it right.

There are no easy choices in getting a motor replaced.

Good luck with what you choose.  

marshalx8 marshalx8
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/27/12
11:13 AM

thanks  

lmn402278 lmn402278
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/18/12
03:34 PM

Replacing a motor with a new motor in a car that the suspension is worn out in does'nt make much sense unless you are willing to put the money in to restore the suspension too.  

JimmyHelu JimmyHelu
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 07/12
Posted: 07/24/12
10:00 AM

I dont know much about engines but that sounds like a mess.
engine for 350 is most likely going to need work.
1600 plus installation labor at mechanic rates. I would just find a new host for that cost..
how much did you buy it for  

allenmercer allenmercer
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/25/13
05:41 AM

While going to buy some engine parts or whole engine for automobile it is most considerable to purchase a rebuilt engine parts with low price range than brand new parts. You can check some details about rebuilt engine on various online sources. Personally, I prefer to gain valuable information about the same from Hiperformer online page with assistance of engine expert advice rebuilding engine from last 37 years.  

Cane.White Cane.White
New User | Posts: 27 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/28/13
12:13 PM

It is pretty clear from the discussion that the quality aspect of a re-manufactured engine is far superior. But the cost of rebuilt engine is far less as compared to the re-manufactured engine. Now it depends on your requirement and what money you can spend on your vehicle's engine.  
OC Glasscraft is a locally owned and managed company offering convenient and professional auto glass repair and replacement service throughout Southern California. We offer while-you-wait service and professionally equipped service vehicles to repair or replace your glass on site.

anddyyy2586 anddyyy2586
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 04/29/13
02:43 AM

remanufacture is to make as close to new as possible. Most wearable parts are automatically replaced. All core material is closely inspected and checked against original equipment specifications for correct dimensional tolerances. Replacement parts are new or requalified. If new, parts are made in the same production processes as original equipment. Testing is performed to manufacturer specifications and original production standards.
----------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS  

Rosh S Rosh S
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/10/13
01:36 PM

Agreed with Cane, its absolutely depends upon your requirement and your budget. Used engines are just that "they’re used" there’s no way to guarantee that a used engine is going to last a long time. Remanufactured engines are completely re-engineered from the ground up.  

John Abrahim John Abrahim
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/11/13
09:54 AM

re manufactured engine will be good for everything  

RobertOrtega RobertOrtega
Posted: 05/15/13
10:25 PM

As compared to used engines, remanufactured engines are better option to opt for. This is so because, remanufactured engines render better performance then used one. Last week I bought remanufactured engine for my car from www.automotix.net/engines/ and I am highly satisfied with its performance. Although, remanufactured engine was a bit costly as compared to used one but I got full seven years warranty on the same.  

Jae Blubaugh Jae Blubaugh
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/17/13
05:34 AM

If we talk about rebuilt engine that means an engine that is packed with new parts and a used engine is what we take from a used car
A used engine is a good option to choose an affordable replacement or if your budget can accommodate a re-manufactured engine, it would be the ideal option as well.  When my engine got damaged my friend suggested referring to Autopartsfair website. They were surprisingly good and replaced my car engine with a used engine at an affordable cost.  

ThomasMartin ThomasMartin
Posted: 05/27/13
05:56 AM

For me remanufactured engines are better because they are prepared by assembling different engine parts. On the contrary, used engines are the one that are being taken out from a used car. Remanufactured engines are better as compared to used engines. Couple of months back, I bought remanufactured engine for my Honda Accord from http://www.automotix.net/trucks-engines.html . You will be amaze to know that they offered me 7 years warranty on my purchase.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice