Item Posts   

2008 Honda Odyssey Transmission Failure

| 
ppolk ppolk
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/11/12
02:05 PM

Description:
On 12/17/2011, I took my 2008 Honda Odyssey in for service to have the transmission checked since there was fluid leaking and what felt like transmission slippage. Because I purchase the car new, had all of my services completed, and because the van only had 84,000 miles, you can imagine my surprise when SONS HONDA (same place where I purchased and had all services completed) informed me I needed a new transmission and quoted me a price of $4,105. Because the mileage was over 60,000 miles, when I filed a customer complaint with HONDA Customer Relations, I was informed there was nothing that could be done.  

joycevprice joycevprice
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 02/27/12
01:48 PM

Had you done the "judder" recall?  I think it was in 2010.  If you had it in for service then - they should have checked for active recalls.  I did and now they are telling me that I need to replace that torque converter - and that I have to pay for it.  I just started fighting.  Look into that recall.  I bet you had the "program" fix for the judder back then.  It  may be in your service history.  

charles10 charles10
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/29/12
12:25 AM

I love to join in the class action lawsuit against Honda Corps.  I am so disappointment in their Odyssey Minivan.  I have an 01' Odyssey and the transmission was going bad at 50K so when I took it the dealership in Merced. CA they told me it willl have to be rebuilt free of charge for me.  So this only last for five more years.  Finally, in December 2011 the tranny completely failed it gave a P-Code of P0740 & P0780 which point to the torque converter and tranny.  This time when I called the same dealership Merced Honda and Honda Corps both places told me that there's nothing they can do. This time the vehicle has about 110K miles on it.  So I decided to buy a used tranny from LKQ Specialized Parts Planet out of Rancho Cordova, CA (2 hours drive) from Merced, CA.  I pay $1,600 for a used one and $800 on the side for brother to install it.  This used one only last about 5 months.  Since I still have a month on the warranty left my sales rep at LKQ agreed to exchange out with a rebuilt.  I drove two hours again to pickup the new exchange this time he convinced me to go with the rebuilt.  After further talking to him at LKQ he has indicated to me that Honda should have done the right thing by giving me a new one because for the simple that it still under warranty at the time.  I am just so disappoint in Honda.  I am so ready to get on a class action lawsuit.  Any ideas please let me know soon on how to get on.

Please Please.  

P.S. I just have this newly exchange rebuilt tranny install today but I feel it is like a time bomb waiting to happen again.  From what I have read & researched all their V-6 tranny are piece of s*h*i*t.  I am putting my vehicle up for sales next week when I have the money to put in the Newspaper. I will help pass out the bad reputation they have created.  I wish I have done the research early on before my purchased.  My gut feeling is that if you are still in the market to buy a car from Honda you better stick to the 4-Cylinder or else you will regret down the road. The problem started in 1999 so I wonder why they took so long to fix the issues (ZZZZZ).  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Honda Odyssey
28975 - 44600
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Minivan/Van