Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

The 458 Italia-Everything that is wrong with new Ferrari styling

| 
PhilG PhilG
New User | Posts: 20 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 12/06/11
10:27 PM

From front to back,the 458 exemplifies the absolute worst in the direction Ferrari is taking the styling of it's road going super cars.

At the front,it looks like an unsuccessful duplication of Lambourghini styling.

The absolutely HIDEOUS front headlights looks like something that was bought at Pep Boys and slapped on the car as an afterthought.

No,scratch that,Pep Boys does'nt sell anything remotely as HIDEOUS as those headlights are.

The hood,OH MY GOD,THAT HOOD.

What happened?

Did Tony forget to latch the hood and stomp on the brakes real fast and it tilted forward and sprung the hinges?

Even the front bottom line of the hood does'nt mesh well with the plastic looking front end.

Ferrari was the LAST car manufacturer that I thought would ever be suseptable to the "Give the car a smily face" disease but I see even the most recognized supercar manufacturer in the world cannot stay away from emasculating the outsides of their road cars.

The front of this car looks like a frog that ate too many flies and is about to throw up.

The front vents,beside those HIDEOUS headlights looks like someone took an axe and just chopped them out.

"Eh,that should do" they said as they finished hacking them out.

The rims on the car look like they came straight from Tire Rack-from the discount section.

The side mirrors look like they came off another car-not a Ferrari and were tacked on simply where they would fit

The only part of the car that spends anytime if true Ferrari land is the area from just after the door handle to over the rear tire  just before the equally HIDEOUS rear light housings.

Viewed from the front ,in the three quarter views,that sloping part of the car evokes some of the sensuosness of the older and some of the other Ferrari designs of yesterday and today.

But it ALL goes downhill from there.

Those rear tail lights are simply a LAUGH!!!

This car costs SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS an that's the best Ferrari could come up with?

Are you telling me that Ferrari is so concerned with those taillights doing double duty as side marker lights that they had to put what look like cheap trailer lights way up high on the car in stalk like housings so they could be the dominant feature of the car at the back?

Who designed this simply hideous monstrosity?

It looks like someone at GM from 1977 got hired and they brought all their old ideas with them on this car.

And the back of this car just gets worse and worse.

The vents at the back are abbreviated to adhere to the smily face drama started at the front of the car.

The rear spoiler looks like something added on from J.C Whitney.

It's not morphed into the car at all but like those bizarre tailights looks tacked on.

The vents used at the back on top have NO CHARACTER AT ALL.

The rear 'bumper' section looks like it was borrowed off of some domestic family car and the diffuser section,while I am sure it works,looks,with -again- more trailer lights added- in the openings like a guy in his garage was in a hurry, tacked them puppies on.

The most laughable part of the rear of the car is those three tailpipes sticking out back.

The Zonda truly stepped forward when it came out many years ago with a bizarro world of styling not seen before or since and this part of the car while looking to try and copy some of the truly innovative nature of the Zonda ( probably to distract the buyer from the rear trailer lights all over the back of the car)simply looks like three pipe ends again bought from Pep Boys and stuck on a car the cost way over a quarter of a milion dollars.

The 458 as it stands DOES NOT represent the very best in styling that Ferrari has done or will do.

The car's outside positively reeks of corporate -decision by committee- making and that's profoundly sad.

If I had the quarter of a million dollars to spend,I'd be looking for alot of other Ferrari's in their line before I EVER bought this sad display of corporate conformism.

And lastly,all of those styling miscues make the 458 look what it was never meant to look like,

A car for your girlfriend or your wife to drive but not for a man to drive.

It's a woman car from the outside.

And not hiding that fact with barely any sensous lines or completeness of exterior design at all.

Come on,Ferrari,you know you have done way better then this car in the past and in some of your other cars today as well.

Please step off the smiley face band wagon and get nasty again.

All I have to say is one word-ENZO.

That says it all.  

PhilG PhilG
New User | Posts: 20 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 02/25/12
11:09 PM

Thankfully Ferrari has seen the light-not because of me but who knows,maybe Enzo came down from Heaven and bitxh slapped a couple of designers.

The new Ferrari supercar has sexy,flowing lines and a stance that says,"Don't mess with me,you will lose."

I can't wait to see this new Ferrari all the way around.

Forza Ferrari!  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 02/27/12
11:45 AM

I still haven't seen the 458 Italia in the flesh yet, but from what I've seen of it on paper I like.  My only problems with its styling is how Ferrari decided to black out the bodywork near the front grill.  I also don't like how the lower front spoiler rises into the the bodywork seen on the front quarter panel.  Perhaps it would look better if Ferrari left well enough alone.  The headlights on the 458 are real eye catchers.  I'd really have to see them in the flesh before I could come to a conclusion on them.  From what I see on paper at least, they help give the front end a mean snarl.

WHEE 2 Articlelarge
Jpwhee Popup  
Austin Cooper

mackkkvallyy10 mackkkvallyy10
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/15/13
03:36 AM

Hello friend i know that 458 Italia-Everything that is wrong with new Ferrari styling
that's why i will recommend for MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS it will make feel more comfort and styling so just go through it and enjoy.

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS  

12:02 PM

Icon Quotemackkkvallyy10:
Hello friend i know that 458 Italia-Everything that is wrong with new Ferrari styling
that's why i will recommend for MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS it will make feel more comfort and styling so just go through it and enjoy.

For the most part I like the styling on the 458 Italia.  If I was in the market for one, I would not have the SL on my must see list too.  The other German cars I might possibly think of would be a Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT3 or Turbo and the outrageous Porsche 918
Porsche 918 Spyder  
Austin Cooper

12:02 PM

Icon Quotemackkkvallyy10:

For the most part I like the styling on the 458 Italia.  If I was in the market for one, I would not have the SL on my must see list too.  The other German cars I might possibly think of would be a Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT3 or Turbo and the outrageous Porsche 918
Porsche 918 Spyder  
Austin Cooper

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice