1 |  2 |  Next 
Item Posts   

2005 altima transmission problems

| 
nuyakdude nuyakdude
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/08/08
06:10 PM

I bought a used 05 altima w/35000 miles.had it for 3 months and it started giving me transmission problems.im dec 07 nissan put a remaned tranny and said it would be fine.now being march 08 i had tranny problems again and they told me it would need another transmission.this would make it the 3rd tranny on the car and it only has 45000 miles!!!!!i can't return the car to the dealer because they would buy it back from me and and i'll loose money that way,what can i do?????!!!!????  

DodgesSuck DodgesSuck
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/11/08
08:43 AM

If you call me I can fix your transmission free of charge becuase altima pays me to fix there supposed recalls. 850- 621-6398  

Altimalover Altimalover
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/10/08
07:50 AM

I also bought a 2005 altima with 30,000 miles on it. After getting the car, it began stopping on me in the middle of the highway. When I took it to the dealership, he told me that it was the crankshaft sensor. Well I asked if he could repair it and he said yes. A friend of mine went on line and told me that there was an recall on that part. When I called the Nissan Corporation, they told me that only if my vendor number showed up , they would replace it for free. My number didn't show up, so I was told that I would have to pay for it, even with it being on recall. This is something I do not understand. If the same part is not working properly in these cars,then why are certain vehicles are on for replacement? I had a $289.00 tab that was not in my budget. Now, after the work was done, I am still having some issues with me car! I am upset in a major way.  

altimaprob altimaprob
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/31/08
11:25 AM

My boyfriend bought his Nissan Altima '05 only five months ago and twice already has his car stopped while in traffic (only at low speeds thank goodness) while the engine service soon light keeps going on and off as it pleases. He's been trying to trade it in for another car, but the trade in value is so low at this point that he's thinking of simply getting the problem with the crankshaft sensor fixed and keeping the car. Currently the car has 44K miles on it and unfortunately is out of warranty. I am simply interested in what other problems people may have been running into besides this one with their altimas 05. Perhaps altimalover would like to share what other issues he's still having with his car. Thanks.  

TheGreatStank TheGreatStank
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/22/09
12:00 PM

I also bought a 2005 altima.  I also had the dealer repair the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor.  I also had to pay for the job eventhough it is recalled.  And I also continue to have the same issues with the car as the same day I took it in for repairs.  The dealer had it for about 3 weeks and couldn't figure it out.  Finally they told me I needed to change the head gasket and the fuel pump to the cost of over $2,000.  I said no thanks.  Taking the car to another mechanic.  I see many postings on the internet by altima owners with the same problem.  

daisymay123 daisymay123
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/24/09
09:34 AM

I to have a 2005 Altima. My check engine light came on around 42,000 miles. The car would sound like it was down shifting. My mechanic put it on his diognostic machine, which read. Crank shaft and cam shaft sensor. I went to the dealership and purchased the (the redesigned sensors)YEA RIGHT, for $50.00 each. One month later the car starts stalling at stop signs and red lights. So I bring it to tire kingdom to see what the say. The told me crank shaft/cam shaft sensors are popping up on their diognostic machine. Also had the transmission fluid changed, brakes, as well as the fuel pump changed. Get this.. I then bring it to nissan and tell them they sold me faulty (New redesigned) parts. They take the car, put it on their diognostic machine ($100.00) And get this they tell me I need new brakes, Transmission fluid and a new fuel pump. And that nothing is wrong with the cam/crank shaft sensor. I just don't get it!! I refuse to ever bring my car to premiere nissan in metairie, LA ever again.. Moe and Phil the service manager are nothing but liars!!! I hate the car. I still owe almost $8,000.00 and the trade in value is $5,000.00. THANK YOU NISSAN FOR SCREWING OVER EVERYONE!!!  

sweetash0ney03 sweetash0ney03
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/04/09
07:35 PM

i  am having the same problems with my car and i keep losing money fixing the transmission...im fustrated cuz there is nothing i can do they wont take the car back and no one will buy it...and personally i refuse to sell it because this car is nothing but a problem every month i come out my pocket over 1000 to fix sumthing along with car payments and everything else if u come up with a solution plz get back to me!!!  

mrsjohnson mrsjohnson
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/09/09
11:26 AM

Hi I am having the same issues w/ my 2005 nissan Maxima. It has 75k miles on it and i'm the second owner. I have only had it for 2 years and it's not under warranty anymore.. I had the transmission fluid flushed, and that worked for like 2 weeks.  Now I got stopped on the side of the road going at a slow speed..Took it into the shop and guess what I need a new transmission $2500 later!!! Still making a car payment and nissan will not do anything!! Seriously there needs to be a recall Frown  

bs_altima bs_altima
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/21/09
07:31 AM

Well,my nissan altima just started to give me problems.The day before no problem getting to work.Ran perfect.When i got out of work,put into drive and car didnt move then put it in 3rd,2nd and nothing.Put it in first and it moved.what could of happen.service center tring to tell me i need new transmission.How is that,the car didnt even show any problem or feel like it had anything wrong.I stil Owe $4500 on car.what do i do?  

japeroli japeroli
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/05/09
04:21 PM

So I am not alone! I have a 2005 Altima and have had the same/similar problems.  When shifting from 1st to 2nd (in an automatic) the car jerks hard like a teenager learning to drive a stick!  I just had all of the sensors replaced, but may still need transmission work.  My car has less than 70,000 miles on it.  I have had more problems with this car than any other car I have ever owned.  Nissan has not been helpful at all and the dealership I bought it from has to be one of the worst ever.  Thank goodness the car will be paid off in 6 months.  I'm going back to American made cars from now on.  

Shull3 Shull3
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/22/10
08:11 PM

I also have a 2005 Altima and I purchased my car brand new in January of 2005.The transmission in my car is terrible!My 1992 Lexus run better than this junk!I will never purchase a Nissan again.The Nissan dealership fixed the transmission in March of 2009 and a couple months later the transmission started jerking again.I called them and they told me I need to purchase another transmission.Nissan Sucks!  

torturedsouls0130 torturedsouls0130
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/28/10
04:12 PM

Hey you fix Nissan transmissions? Then maybe you can help me answer these two questions. 1. What type of transmission is in the 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L S model with the Qr25de engine and automatic transmission? (like in other words Chevy's have: turbo 350's or turbo 400's or Turbo 200-4r or the 700-r4 ex..) What is the 2005 Nissan Altima's Automatic Transmission type? 2. My stock 2.5L has 175hp and 180tq. What is the MAX hp the stock transmission on my 2005 Nissan Altima handle? I was thinking on supercharging it. Thank You.  

shabin shabin
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/01/10
11:25 AM

Guys,

I am also facing problems with Nissan Altima(2008) 2.5 SE

1. The parking brake (!) indicator lights up when the car is in motion. The real thing is  that the light does not stay on for long. It comes up all of a sudden and then goes off. In fact the light is switched on most of the time.

2. When the car is waiting at a traffic signal, i generally switch to the neutral gear. The indicator (N) is not shown in the dash. Instead, there is a blank( ) and the "No Key" indicator(the key sign) lights up. if I shift the gear to reverse and then back to Neutral...the (N) indicator lights up.

Please help me in this regard.  

andreabdl84 andreabdl84
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/12/10
06:00 PM

i have a nissan altima and have had this car for about 3 year after the first year i have had problems with it and till this day we can get it fixed. At first the car would jerk while driving and with time it got very bad. Scince the computer would not detect any errors the mecaniche did not know what was wronge with it. And since i dont have the money for them to be guessing what was wronge i waited untill the compure had something to say which we fixed and the problem still continued. so they thought there might be something wronge with the gas pump and they took it apart and replaced it...but once again that still did not fix the problem. we've had two other sencer replaced acording to the computer but yet there was not the problem and now my car turns off while running and still jerks when ever it feels like and there is no sign to what is wronge with it...I need help and bad... dont now what else to do.  

andreabdl84 andreabdl84
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 09/18/10
08:05 PM

hey there i just found out form a mechanic that this car has problems with the computer that it has to many bubbles and that it need some kid of chip or so that is what he has been doing to other cars just like ours and that that helps fix the problem.... well just wanted to let some one else now what i was told i dont know if it works i have not had it done on my car so i cant say that it does....hope that you i get it done as soon as i have money.  

1 |  2 |  Next 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Nissan Altima
22300 - 31950
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan