Ad Radar

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Why does the automotive press continue to support rubbish?

| 
Veloman Veloman
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/29/11
01:40 PM

I just happened upon an article on line which touted the Chevrolet Suburban as being a "choice" family vehicle. What rubbish. Being a driver of sports cars for many years I can't articulate my absolute loathing for these titanic vehicles which clog up our streets and highways. You can't see around them. Your can't see past them to avoid street hazards like potholes, ladders and other trash deposited by careless pickup drivers (another pet peeve). They seem to be driven by careless mothers chatting on their cellphones on their way to exercize class. I think they should be pilloried by the motoring press and taxed out of existance.  

creativepart creativepart
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 03/31/11
07:09 AM

You can't see the reason for them because you are you. That's just it. Everyone has a different purpose for owning and driving the vehicle they own.

The Suburban is a pretty nice vehicle and the folks that drive them are usually pretty nice too.

They look at you in your Merc, cutting in and out of traffic, going too fast and think "Why doesn't the police ticket those guys out of existence."

Find a better place to direct your disdain -- like world hunger or something.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Chevrolet Suburban
48250 - 66035
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
SUV