Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2011 Jaguar XJL Supercharged

| 
JagDissapointment JagDissapointment
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/18/10
09:41 AM

Leased a new 2011 XJL SC 5 weeks ago. The car is just plain sexy if you ask me. Interior is beautiful; the engine is a beast; remarkably agile. It's now been in the shop for 3 weeks though!! Shortly after taking delivery, I noticed numerous rattles and pops, the engine wasn't smooth when idling, and the brakes made a grinding noise when coasting to a stop. The engine issue was due to low voltage on the battery- easily fixed. Brakes were easily fixed (I'm told). Dealership still hasn't fixed the rattles. After 3 WEEKS! This car is a radical new design from Jaguar and I'm not sure they know how to build it. Maybe my experience is outside the norm, but looks like they're going to lose some JD Power titles.  

Andrew Peterson Andrew Peterson
Moderator | Posts: 161 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 08/20/10
06:33 AM

We had some problems with our Four Seasons XF Supercharged but the car made up for it. If this has been your experience so far, you're probably in for a true love/hate relationship with your XJ. You'll love it when its working but absolutely detest it when its not.  

Luke9 Luke9
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/02/10
08:59 AM

Hello, guys. I read your opinions written here on the topic and I was wondering what you think about these images revealing the 2012 Jaguar XF facelift:
2012 Jaguar Xf Facelift Was Spy Photographed
2012 Jaguar Xf Facelift Was Spy Photographed  

ejpierre ejpierre
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/11
Posted: 07/23/11
07:59 AM

Yes my 2011 XJL SC with rear seat entertainment center is gorgeous and agile, but upon delivery the rear seat entertainment center I waited an additional 5 months for would not play US DVDs.  The vehicle also had excessive wind noise which was easily corrected after a two day stint in the shop.  Now the rattles and pops which would only occur when pulling into my garage are occurring frequently while driving whenever bumps are encountered or chassis is required to flex.  Will have to make appointment for next week.  Were the any corrections made to your vehicle?  

dcommander dcommander
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 09/20/11
07:29 AM

All i know is that my 2009 xf (xtra frightening to drive)supercharged is the biggest piece of junk i have ever had the displeasure to drive.
In any snow it can't stay on the road, it the rain it's scary.
11 flat tires in 2 years at less than highway speed and 3 cracked rims this car is not made for any road with a pothole on it.

with the broken gear shifter and various failures now it sits at the dealer with 56,000 miles and no warranty. the dealer has no idea what is wrong with it and i am not paying one more dime to fix this junk.

DON'T ANYONE EVER BUY THIS CAR IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE IN BAD WEATHER!

My 11 year old will soon be posting the great jaguar xf lemon on youtube. with the big lemon on top of it.  

dcommander dcommander
07:30 AM

All i know is that my 2009 xf (xtra frightening to drive)supercharged is the biggest piece of junk i have ever had the displeasure to drive.
11 flat tires in 2 years at less than highway speed and 3 cracked rims this car is not made for any road with a pothole on it.

with the broken gear shifter and various failures now it sits at the dealer with 56,000 miles and no warranty. the dealer has no idea what is wrong with it and i am not paying one more dime to fix this junk.

My 11 year old will soon be posting the great jaguar xf lemon on youtube. with the big lemon on top of it.  

dcommander dcommander
07:31 AM

Johntechwriter Johntechwriter
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/11
Posted: 11/25/11
12:54 AM

Don't have a hairy. Jags are tail-happy in low-grip conditions. If you're outta your league as a driver, get a lesser car.  

CashForCarsinNJ CashForCarsinNJ
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 12/27/11
10:06 PM

i think it will be perfect

Wolf47 Wolf47
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 05/30/12
01:44 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems.  Hard to have the pleasure of a fine new car beaten down by such troubles.  I once had a new Volvo that spent its first 10 weeks in the shop, something new broke each week.  I just traded in my 2009 XF for a 2012 XF.  The 2009 was trouble free, drove it from Florida to Maine on trips, loved it so much I got the new one.  After 3000 miles my only complaint is that the gas milage is significantly lower on the 2012.  But then the power is significantly up. Good luck getting this straightened out.  
Cars are one of my three vices, the other two will not be named here.

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice