Item Posts   

Jeep To Get Into Pick Up World??

| 
thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 06/21/10
10:20 AM

2005 Jeep Gladiator Concept Main

So it's been rumored for years that Jeep wanted to get into the pick up truck industry and in 2005 they came up with a concept called the Gladiator, pictured above. Now let me be the first to say that the truck/SUV industry has had its rough moment in the last couple of years with the economy hitting the bricks and gas prices going sky rocket which leads me to my opinion....I think Jeep should just stay away from truck industry PERIOD.

At this time Chrysler has some good momentum going on for it with the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the refreshed 300C is on the way. Chrysler has finally made some profit and the Ram is already a great competitor. So to add Jeep into the mix, in my opinion, is just asking for trouble.

Any thoughts? Would anyone actually buy a Jeep truck??  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Andrew Peterson Andrew Peterson
Moderator | Posts: 161 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 06/21/10
11:25 AM

Here's a story from just today about Jeep's possible small pickup truck. It has also shown pickup truck concepts since the Gladiator in 2005.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6689337/news/small-pick-me-up-jeep-looking-to-re-enter-small-pickup-truck-market/index.html

I would really like to see a Jeep pickup truck though. The NuKizer 715 is completely badass.  

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 06/22/10
05:44 AM

I think the Dakota replacement should be a Jeep pickup and Ram can have the big trucks.  

thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
09:29 AM

Here's a truck that I think most would want....PHOTO  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
10:46 AM

Cool to see a truck like the old Kaiser M715s, but that's not a very practical design for a modern vehicle.  

Evan.McCausland Evan.McCausland
Administrator | Posts: 155 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 07/07/10
12:23 PM

Then again, it's just a front fascia grafted onto a two-door Jeep J8 (Wrangler) pickup. If that's not practical, how would the Gladiator be?  

nole1 nole1
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 01/23/13
06:44 PM

I'd like to see a Jeep midsize truck.  Call it the Camanche (like the old one).  Give it the distinctive Jeep nose.  Offer it as a 2 or four door.  Over efficient 4- and 6-cylinder engines and even a small diesel. 2 and 4wd would be great.  Just make it with a better powertrain than the Patriot/Compass.  I liked the look, but than I drove a Patriot with that awful CVT- NOT a real Jeep!

Ford left a hole in the market when it discontinued the Ranger in the US.  I've had my Ranger since it was new, but may want a new truck in the next few years.  Ford has nothing in that market anymore.  Time for a Jeep?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice