Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Honda Odyssey 2003

| 
santal santal
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/07/10
09:19 PM

Recently our Odyssey has been acting like there is transmission problems.  When we took it to Performance honda they replaced a computer chip to fix the problem.  A few weeks ago it started doing the same thing...revving up and not going faster than 20.  Honda said it was the engine mounts and they were not reacting to the shifting of the vehicle which was causing the revving.  Anyone else have this problem or solution given to you?  

Aarmin Aarmin
New User | Posts: 13 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 05/14/10
03:58 PM

I really do not understand how engine mounts have anything to do with this problem?!

What year/model is your Odyssey by chance? How many miles?
The 4-speed automatics in the '99-'01 Odyssey models are know for serious problems; Honda responded to the problems (after a "battle") by extending the warranties to 7years or 100,000 miles.

The 5-speed was installed in the 2002 models, but reliability issues still occur. If you can't get through to Honda, or a honest answer, a recourse is to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA; http://www.nhtsa.gov; 1-888-327-4236). Enough complaints, then there could be a lawsuit.  

daron-3 daron-3
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/06/11
03:05 PM

My 2002 Honda Odyssey had similar leaking or defective engine mounts. At just under 100K miles on my extended warranty, the mounts were replaced. BUT, at 105K miles my transmission went out! We lost $4,500 in 2010 just before Christmas. I will never, ever buy another Honda again based on my experience, Honda's reaction, and the snubbing of my loyalty to Honda. My Honda 2002 is paid for and I'm stuck with it until another breakdown.  

mdeshmukh mdeshmukh
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/18/11
07:07 PM

My 2003 Honda has 115K miles on it.  I have taken care of it meticulously by doing regular oil changes and major mile services at Honda dealers.  I found out that the transmission now needs replacement.  The quote from the dealer is for $4600!  I am really rethinking whether Hondas are as dependable as we thought.  This is our second bad experience with a Honda.  The first one was when an alternator went out on our fairly new Accord (just a month past warranty expiration date) and put a hole in our pocket.  

eTceTerA eTceTerA
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/05/12
07:44 PM

My 2003 Odyssey's transmission is starting to go at 120K miles. Was quoted in excess of $4K to replace, negotiated down to under $4K, then started researching on the internet, as well as consulting other automotive pros. Discovered these transmissions are defective, as is the fluid cooler. Renegotiated down to a much lower number to replace the transmission, but I feel the same way--this is like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode again. After being a loyal Honda customer, not sure I will be purchasing another Honda again. This transmission replacement will be the test for me.  

johnboy78 johnboy78
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/09/12
08:15 PM

I have a 2003 odyssey that at 14000 miles had a new transmission put in over the summer. Yes I had it replaced for 4000 but it has a three year guarantee on it. I replaced the transmission fluid at 5000 miles after and was told I am good for another30000. Lets see that is 170000 miles, and if I take away the 4000 what major repair have I done? No I do not work for Honda this car is 10 years old and will keep it at least 2 more years that is 12 plus years of very low ownership cost. I do not understand all the complaining . just look at all of the odysseys on the road today. How about resale? just did a 100 mile search from cincinnati avg. asking price on 03 with 170000 --- 7500 not bad for 10-11 year old car. by the way ever checked 5 year ownership cost vs any other make. Very hard to beat honda. again I do not work for honda , My father retired from GM I want to be thankful he is getting his retirement. I would love to by  a GM Traverse,Enclave,Acaida< check the price- 5 year ownership to a 2013 Odyssey, there is really no comparison  

Umang Kumar Umang Kumar
New User | Posts: 28 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 03/13/13
11:30 PM

Hello Friends,

I Recently had a problem with my 2000 Odyssey sliding door. Initially, the passenger side sliding door would not latch completely. But I did not fix it for sometime -- I would just push it to latch. However, after several months of doing that, the sliding door warning lights on the dashboard came on and I could not open/close the door neither from the inside, outside or via remote.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Honda Odyssey
28975 - 44600
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Minivan/Van