Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Buick Regal..... "GS"?????

| 
wsv88301 wsv88301
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 01/08/10
06:13 PM

Kudos to Buick/Gm for bringing back the "GS"...

Having said that, first it has back doors.... a Riviera or 80's performace Regal did not need or have Four passenger openings...

Where is the long rear deck lid? Does this thing even have a "trunk"???

I'm not talking grocery hauler.  GS guys need space for; Golf Clubs, Computers, Rifles, and a fare amount of Tools for projects...

Where is the Screaming Yellow paint with the bumble bee stripes? or Solid Black like the GNX???

This thing better have 8 cylinders or a great 6....

I want to see a Buick, Tiger Woods would actually want to Drive...

A Buick Grand Sport like a Corvette Grand Sport should be able to rip off the Rear Tires merely by plunging the throttle to the floor... from a stop without any drag racer tricks... Why not a Buick "GTO" now that Pontiac is gone...

a GS is a car that Telli Savalis drove in Kojak and Nascar guys tweeked!!!

Now that's a Grand Sport....  

Brooklynboy Brooklynboy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/11/11
12:15 PM

In the preliminary road test of the Buick Regal GS, the length of the car listed in the specifications, seems unusually short, at 107 inches!  

CelticBoy64 CelticBoy64
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/12/12
09:27 PM

Actually i really like the look of the new Regal GS,especially the front fascia with the two huge openings just like on the European Insignia OPC!! But i do admit that it not only needs more power,but whats with all the weight these new GM vehicles are carrying. Drop about 300lbs put the new turbo 2.0 from the up coming Cadillac ATS,and boost it to 325HP like the European OPC. But i will have to admit that i do like how far the new GM has come,especially in their interior finishing and really great lines!! Well done GM,now just go on a diet and loose a few hundred pounds....?  

SuperCarEnthusiast SuperCarEnthusiast
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 04/29/12
07:13 PM

From what I read they took the European Opel and fooled around with almost everything mechanical.  This car is not the European car but a car that made more basic for the North American marketplace.  The steering and engines are made to be less desirable.  The European model did very well compare to the BMW and Mercedes competitors.  

Smerdyakov Smerdyakov
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/12
Posted: 07/12/12
01:41 PM

I traded my 2011 Audi A4 quattro for a 2012 Buick Regal GS two weeks ago. I obviously feel that the Regal is a better car: it is smoother, quieter, faster, and cheaper than the Audi. Those who are considering buying an A4 or BMW 3 series would be well-advised to try the Regal - they would be pleasantly surprised. By the way, I strongly recommend the automatic transmission over the manual. I have driven both, and the auto seems to be better matched to the turbo engine.

It seems to me that, as with the Pontiac G8 GT, GM has built another great car and has failed to market it properly. I have only seen two other GS Regals on the street, which is a shame.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Buick Regal
29840 - 39660
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan