Item Posts   

2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500!!!

| 
thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 02/08/10
03:04 PM

2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Front Three Quarter

As everyone knows 2011 is going to be a big year for the Mustang. The 5.0 engine came back pushing the V6 model over 300hp while the GT model over 400hp. So the question on everyone's mind was what about the Shelby? The 2010 Shelby had 540hp using a 5.4 supercharged liter engine. Some speculations was that Ford was going to get rid of the 5.4 and replace it with the 5.0. However today we find out that is not true.

The 2011 Shelby will have a 5.4 all-aluminum version of itself instead of the iron engine it had in the 2010, causing it to lose 102lbs. This creates 550hp and 510lb-ft of torque while being more fuel efficient by giving 15/23. Any thoughts so far??

Source: Motor Trend  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 02/08/10
06:11 PM

From what I've seen of it, the Shelby is a more impressive car to see in the flesh than to read about.  All that V8 rumble it comes equipped with sounds so custom, it's hard to believe you can buy it from a Ford dealer.  Shocked  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

Posted: 02/09/10
10:34 AM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:
From what I've seen of it, the Shelby is a more impressive car to see in the flesh than to read about.  All that V8 rumble it comes equipped with sounds so custom, it's hard to believe you can buy it from a Ford dealer.  Shocked

I'm waiting to see numbers here...I want to make sure it's performance is up and not just for show and tell. Plus I'm waiting to see GM's response. Hopefully the Challenger actually steps up as well.  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Posted: 02/09/10
12:15 PM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon Quotethesavagepony:
I'm waiting to see numbers here...I want to make sure it's performance is up and not just for show and tell. Plus I'm waiting to see GM's response. Hopefully the Challenger actually steps up as well.

I don't know if GM really cares much about the Shelby Stang now?  For the time being at least they're doing OK with the Camaro.  Do they really want to make $50K Camaro's too, just so they can compete with FoMoCo?  My guess is they'll let their bean counters add some more ponies to the Camaro and keep its price way under the Stang's price.  I don't think it's going to do GM much good now to make a halo car out of the Camaro.  

Posted: 02/16/10
10:37 AM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon Quotethesavagepony:

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:
I don't know if GM really cares much about the Shelby Stang now?  For the time being at least they're doing OK with the Camaro.  Do they really want to make $50K Camaro's too, just so they can compete with FoMoCo?  My guess is they'll let their bean counters add some more ponies to the Camaro and keep its price way under the Stang's price.  I don't think it's going to do GM much good now to make a halo car out of the Camaro.

Well at the time being what the aftermarket people have been doing is engine kits that increases the horsepower of the engine in order to compete with the Shelby. It would be nice though if GM did create at least a concept to take on the Shelby head on...though as you mentioned...I don't think GM will go after the GT500.  

Posted: 02/20/10
11:54 AM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon Quotethesavagepony:

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon Quotethesavagepony:
Well at the time being what the aftermarket people have been doing is engine kits that increases the horsepower of the engine in order to compete with the Shelby. It would be nice though if GM did create at least a concept to take on the Shelby head on...though as you mentioned...I don't think GM will go after the GT500.

I'm not surprised there's an aftermarket now for the new Camaro, I'd be shocked if there wasn't. I guess it just doesn't make much business sense now for GM to waste more time on souping up a car that looks alone can sell. If you want high performance you can always buy their 200 MPH Vette anyhow  Shocked GM really needs to go after what's hot in the market now, pony cars and all would be fine if it was 1969 again.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Ford Mustang
23600 - 46170
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Coupe, Convertible