Item Posts   

10 Cars To Look Forward To In 2010!!

| 
thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/23/09
05:19 PM

2009 Ford Fiesta

While surfing the web I came across this list that MSNBC made in looking forward to the 10 best cars in 2010. All these cars were chosen because of there technology, features, etc. Take a look at the list and let me know if you think it's a fair list. Do you see a car you like?? What car should be on the list?? What car shouldn't be on the list??

1. Buick Regal
2. Chevy Cruze
3. Chevy Volt
4. Ford S-Max
5. Ford Fiesta
6. Honda CR-Z
7. Hyundai Sonata
8. Mazda2
9. Nissan Leaf
10. Toyota Sienna

(LIST IN RANDOM ORDER!!)

Source: MSNBC  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/23/09
07:00 PM

1 It ought to be interesting to see how the Regal compares to the Lexus ES.  I'd really be impressed with Buick though if they quit comparing their cars with Lexus and the day came where Lexus starts comparing their cars with Buick  Shocked I still think it offers good value.  Although I'm prejudiced too since I can't forget driving my mother's Regal long ago.  Those were the days where GM did only so much to differentiate the Regal from its Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Cutlass siblings  Tongue

2 Has Chevy finally scored a run with the Cruze?  After the Cavalier and less than memorable Cobalt, I wonder if GM has finally figured out how to compete already  Confused

3 I'm still waiting for it to come to the real world, just to see how it holds up and what Chevy dealers will be selling it for.  Don't forget Toyota will have their plug in Prius on the market soon too  Shocked

4  Confused Can't say I know much about it.  Will FoMoCo even sell it in America? Isn't it basically a Mazda MPV?

5 I heard the Fiesta is a relative of the Mazda 2 with a better interior. Smile The question is how will it compare to the Cruze?  Maybe I'll have to wait for one of the major auto magazines to do a comparison test on them before I know for sure.

6  Grin I've been waiting for years for Honda to put its CRX replacement on the market.  I wish they offered a non hybrid version too.  If they can price it less than the Insight though, I'd still think about taking the bait.

7 Haven't heard anything about it.  Can't say I care much about Hyundai's Camry/Altima competitor.

8 See Ford Fiesta

9 Nissan surprised me with this machine when I first heard about it.  I suspect it will fear better than the old Saturn EV1.  None the less it should be interesting to see how a mainstream electric car sells now in the US.

10  Crazy Haven't heard anything about it.  Wouldn't care much if I did.  Maybe Toyota should try to impress the family with a hybrid version.  
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

tmvu13 tmvu13
User | Posts: 108 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/28/09
09:53 AM

Does that girl come with the car? If so, I'm sold!  

thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/28/09
10:59 AM

Icon Quotetmvu13:
Does that girl come with the car? If so, I'm sold!

Don't blame you...although I would like to know who that is...or at least a name. HAHA. But she does make the Fiesta look nice!!  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
User | Posts: 211 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/06/10
12:23 PM

We talking calendar 2010 or MY 2010? My vote is for the 2011 Focus (supposedly on-sale in calendar 2010. I actually think once introduced, the Focus will over-shadow the Fiesta significantly.  

monoblocks monoblocks
User | Posts: 73 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 01/18/10
07:57 AM

All yawners 2 me. The S-MAX isn't even available for NA consumption, not that I'd EVER advocate anyone buying a minivan, however stylish it may considered to be (by others, not by me). Indeed this list moves us away from the hedonism and conspicuous consumption big horsepower and all-out performance brought us, and into a world of frugality, eco-efficiency and just plain boring driving appliance doldrums that all of that entails. It's the specter of the 1970s all over again, only with iPod interfaces, Bluetooth and GPS.

Lordy, it's enough to make me want to blow what little is left of my retirement fund on a 458 Italia (well, not really...but it's still a nice thought).

I do agree about the comment on the Focus; that car should be a mover once it becomes live.

It's been a while since I've been back...this new ad scripting with the link embedding SUCKS. Guess it'll be a while before I'm back.  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 01/23/10
09:23 PM

Icon Quotemonoblocks:
All yawners 2 me. The S-MAX isn't even available for NA consumption, not that I'd EVER advocate anyone buying a minivan, however stylish it may considered to be (by others, not by me). Indeed this list moves us away from the hedonism and conspicuous consumption big horsepower and all-out performance brought us, and into a world of frugality, eco-efficiency and just plain boring driving appliance doldrums that all of that entails. It's the specter of the 1970s all over again, only with iPod interfaces, Bluetooth and GPS.

Lordy, it's enough to make me want to blow what little is left of my retirement fund on a 458 Italia (well, not really...but it's still a nice thought).

I do agree about the comment on the Focus; that car should be a mover once it becomes live.

It's been a while since I've been back...this new ad scripting with the link embedding SUCKS. Guess it'll be a while before I'm back.

I understand where you're coming from.  But at the same time too, I disagree with your 70's analogy. These machines have come a long way since the days of Vega's, Pinto's, Gremlin's, etc. Back then it would have been engineering brilliance if you could get one of those crude machines to hit 60 in under 10 seconds with a 4 banger under the hood. Sure you could get a Cosworth Vega to do it then if you wanted to spend $2,000 more than a V8 Camaro or or $300 more than a 260Z for the Vega s-box.  Tongue MPG's was not one of the Cosworth's better virtues, compared to today's machines too.  
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice