Item Posts   

2010 Fiat Sentiero Pick Up Truck!!!

| 
thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 10/26/09
02:22 PM

2010 Fiat Pickup Truck

It is no secret that the Detroit Three are known to have powerful trucks. For years trucks and SUV's were the bread and butter of them. Today that's a different story. However, Chrysler is still pushing with the redesigned Dodge Ram and has been recognized by doing so. So what about Fiat?? Will Fiat get into the truck industry now that it's part of Dodge?? Well if the answer is yes may we recommend the Fiat Sentiero.

Now before you go get all excited, this is just a rendering not a concept. A student drew this and gave it a 3.0-liter diesel V6 capable of a payload capacity of 1,800 pounds and towing nearly 5,300 pounds.

So any thoughts or comments??

Source: BIAG & Glamcar  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
03:22 PM

Frown When Fiat was doing business in this country before, I never had thoughts of them as a truck company.  The same could be said of Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Cadillac, Pontiac, Lincoln  and some others too. So even though it has somewhat of a low center of gravity for a pickup truck, it still saddens me to see Fiat succumb to the evils of this decade.  Can't say it does anything for me either.  How bout Chevy bringing back the El Camino and FoMoCo go with the Ranchero, even if want to get my paws on a CRZ  Grin  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

03:51 PM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:
Frown When Fiat was doing business in this country before, I never had thoughts of them as a truck company.  The same could be said of Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Cadillac, Pontiac, Lincoln  and some others too. So even though it has somewhat of a low center of gravity for a pickup truck, it still saddens me to see Fiat succumb to the evils of this decade.  Can't say it does anything for me either.  How bout Chevy bringing back the El Camino and FoMoCo go with the Ranchero, even if want to get my paws on a CRZ  Grin

Well like I mentioned in the article, this is just rumored..not concept of fact. So I doubt we'll see this come to live but never say never.  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Posted: 10/27/09
04:48 AM

I won't lose any sleep if this Fiat pickup never comes to life.  I'd like to see a 500 on the road already though.  It really should be interesting to see how Fiat's hold up the 2nd time around.  They really have a bad reputation to overcome now that they're back here.  I wouldn't own one, unless I was sure they have at least average dependability now.  

Posted: 10/28/09
10:11 AM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:
I won't lose any sleep if this Fiat pickup never comes to life.  I'd like to see a 500 on the road already though.  It really should be interesting to see how Fiat's hold up the 2nd time around.  They really have a bad reputation to overcome now that they're back here.  I wouldn't own one, unless I was sure they have at least average dependability now.

Well the reputation they are going to have to worry about is Chrysler. I can almost guarantee that if you ask random people of the street if they know Fiat, most would probably say no. I don't think Fiat had success in the U.S. the first time around but I also don't think it was the only chance Fiat had to succeed in the U.S.  

Posted: 10/28/09
04:19 PM

Confused From what I see here Fiat reliability things are still ambiguous at Fiat.  From what I've seen of the new Fiat, the 500 looks interesting, but I'm really thinking about the Honda CRZ now.  I just don't know things such the MSRP and other stats.  

Posted: 11/03/09
11:29 AM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:
Confused From what I see here Fiat reliability things are still ambiguous at Fiat.  From what I've seen of the new Fiat, the 500 looks interesting, but I'm really thinking about the Honda CRZ now.  I just don't know things such the MSRP and other stats.

Well reliability and quality were the main issues why Fiat didn't make it in the U.S. the first time around....at this point around technology has grown and the management in Fiat has changed for the better. I'm sure we won't be let down for the second time.  

Posted: 11/03/09
12:09 PM

One reason I probably don't see a lot of old Fiats (and there use to be plenty of Fiats here) is rust was a major problem with them. I wonder if they've improved much in that department?  I have been keeping my ears open & haven't heard anybody report any good news lately when it comes to Fiat & Alfa quality and reliability. Frown  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice