1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

2010 Ford Fusion Transmission

| 
dandee dandee
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/28/09
11:06 AM

6F35 Six Speed Aotomatic Transmission. Coasting to a stop from around 50 MPH when you get to approx 42 MPH you feel the transmission downshift like you are driving a stick shift. Tack goes up car jerks and slows. Is this suppose to happen on a automatic transmission? I don't think so, I think Ford has a problem. Ford says nothing is wrong.  Shocked  

toddkesler toddkesler
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/23/09
06:58 PM

I also have a 2010 fusion 4 cylinder, 6 speed auto, with 600 miles. If I let the car   sit for several days the transmission slips in 3rd and 4th like I am holding a clutch in and then revs up and goes into gear. It does fine after I drive a few miles. Ford checked it out and said there was nothing wrong. Let me know if you get any resolution concerning this.  

KeithenC KeithenC
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/12/09
07:16 AM

I have the same issue, mainly going from 2nd to 3rd, but occasionally from 4th to 5th as well. The shortest rest time has been 24 hours, but most of the time it's been after the weekend. Works fine after a couple of accellerations. I'm up to just over 1200 miles and it's still doing it. Haven't had a chance to bring it in since they probably wouldn't be able to recreate the issue without having to let it sit for one to two days. I have this issue posted on another forum and hope to hear something about it soon. I'll post back here if I get anything back.  

roaddogpa roaddogpa
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/12/09
12:07 PM

I just recently purchased a 2010 ford fusion and had the same type of problems with the transmission.  felt like it was slipping from 2-3 gear and hit hard sometimes when putting in reverse.  and finally the other day put in drive and it took about 25 seconds to engage.  took to dealer and they said tranny is shot.  it is in shop now getting replaced.  only 7,000 miles  not looking too promising  

october84 october84
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/17/09
09:20 PM

My 2010 Fusion is at the Dealership now for the same issue, I will be sure to let ya'll know what they say about it  

devildog98 devildog98
Posted: 11/22/09
07:09 PM

I have the same problem with my 2010 Ford Fusion.  I had it in the shop a little over a month ago.  They had to replace a part in the transmission.  It took them almost 2 weeks because they couldn't get the part from Ford.  I thought it was all fixed so imagine my surprise when it starts acting crazy again tonight.  It wouldn't shift out of first gear and the RPM's just kept going up.  We shut it off for about 1/2 hr and when we started it again, it drove fine.  Needless to say, it's going back to the dealership in the morning and I am not a happy camper.   Mad  

october84 october84
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/23/09
09:17 AM

Yep!! Mine has been at the dealer for a week now and they are telling me that the part is still a week out! I think this is something that should be brought to others attention that is considering buying a 2010 Fusion! You would think with Ford knowing that this is an issue, they would have the parts on hand at all dealerships. Please let me know what the problem was the 2nd time (per the last post) if you can so I can get it resolved before it leaves the dealer.  

iambillford iambillford
Posted: 11/24/09
12:56 AM

Ummm now I don't know what to do lol...  I'm buying a car this week and yeah Fusion was probably at the top of my list.  I was extremely iffy about going American again just because of past experiences, over and over I say no but then I find something like this that I like, buy it, then it just goes downhill from there.  I was looking at the top of the line V6, its the blue 2tone leather that got me.  Now I really don't know what to do.  This completely shot down everything that took me weeks to decide.  I definitely must follow up on this.  Well wish me luck if I go for it lol..  

jdh81478 jdh81478
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/27/09
04:36 AM

My girlfriend's 2010 Ford Fusion with a 6-speed trans seems to be slipping out of gear when going up steep grades. Last night we were doing 70mph up a hill and it seemed to go from 6th to 3rd or 4th, red linning the engine...not fun. We had to pull over and turn the car off...not safe with semi trucks flying past us. Earlier she took it into the dealer and someone there said there was a batch of Fusions that had bad transmissions but instead of replacing the trans they updated some software on it and said that should fix it...we're taking it back to the dealership tomorrow, the problem is we're on a road trip and don't have the luxury of time for it to sit in a shop.  

minefieldmind minefieldmind
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/11/10
05:53 PM

we put 8,000 very easy miles on a 2010 fusion.  very peppy, but tranny went out.

we had to manually downshift to 3 or 4 and only go about 35-45 mph because tranny wouldnt engage a new gear with each attemped shift either up or down.  

the problem started at about 9,000 miles by slipping between gears pulling onto the interstate after a pee break, thed got a lot worse in the next few hundred miles.  it was a rental and the rental place told us to hafe "firestone" check out to see if there was a problem.   couldnt get in due to snow storms and tires being there business.  a few hundred miles and the car wasnt drivable.

the next fusion, a stripped down version with a small engine and different tranny (D & L ore only choices rather than the slap stik)  It now is slipping between 2-3 started doing it right off the rental lot.

that's two for two.  seems like ford has a problem.  

Pochoisme Pochoisme
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/16/10
06:12 PM

we're having such a hard time with our brand new 2010 ford fusion since we drove it off the lot. We took it in 3 times and on the 3rd time a different dealership told us our transmission was 'severly damaged.' It had strong jerks when shifting gears not only in drive but also reverse. They have had the car for a week and it will be at least three weeks by the time we get it back. They said the part they are waiting for hasn't been made yet by the company. In the mean time we have to pay for the rental car, they said they would only pay $30 a day but it's more than $30 a day to rent a car. We've had the car less than 7months and it has been such a pain. The people on here seem to have had more than one transmission replaced which tells me, we have more work cu tout for us. This is so messed up. Ford... you have done us wrong!  

conretz1 conretz1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/19/10
11:15 AM

Purchased 2010 Fusion for the gas mileage in order to commute to new job requiring
a 140 roundtrip every day.  At 12000 miles the transmission started to clunk.
Took in to dealer and was told it was a seal and it had slowly leaked transmission fluid, but there was no damage.  Trouble started immediately after pickup and
felt like it wouldn't shift into second and third even though the engine was
reving up.  They had the car for 10 day this second time.  Said something
else was wrong this time and waited for parts.  Am not a happy camper.  Haven't
driven it yet.  Will continue to monitor this post.  Frown  

deebee71 deebee71
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/08/10
12:52 PM

Yup - I noticed this weekend that when it first began to shift from 2nd into 3rd, it was reving up before shifting, and then again from 3rd into 4th.  I thought since it was a cold morning and I didn't let the car warm up, maybe that was causing it.  But it happened again the next day and again today.  Regardless, I've only had the car for 6 months and have 10,000 miles on it.  Once I found other people have these same issues, I have now made an appt with my dealer, who says they have new software to install to correct the problem. We'll see.......  

rolinlowna96 rolinlowna96
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/16/10
09:05 AM

ready for a story...i have a 2010 fusion 8times now in the shop i got it in june of 09..moonroof leaks from the seal watch as you go thorw the car wash or a heavy rain..finally after 6times in shop thay fixed it results that removed the fusion moonroof and rails put a ford flex seal and glass in no more leaks now ive been having the same problems as you guys seens i got the car it has been shifting funny from 2-3 gears ive taken it in and thay tell me no problems found well i took it back yesterday and the tech tells me its a programming issue so thay reprogrammed car    "buy the way there is a recall on 2010 fusion and milan cars to have the pcm reprogrammed but fords are not issue them and letting people no only reason i no is service tech showed me paper with the code from fords""
 today is 3-16-2010 i took car back again after reprogrammed told service tech it seems worse seens the reprogram and then tells me car has to learn the way you drive wtf i guess i got stupid  wrote on my face...here is a number to ford headquarters in dearborn michigan this guys name is tom may 313-805-3439. he works under the vice prez of fords with problem sloving and he does his job..i called and called i got a number to a vice prez of fords at dearborn headquarters thay sent him to my house next day..call tom may to slove these problems 313-805-3439 and the vp number is 313-845-5831 only way we gonna get are cars fixed with out the run around..email rolinlowna96@aol.com  

washek washek
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/18/10
05:56 AM

How did this turn out? MY car is in the shop for the same thing and they want to rebuild my transmission and I told them I wanted a new one; I bought a new car not a used one with a rebuilt trans. My dealer told me to contact corp and corp took my info and claim and told me to contact the dealer. They want to do a Cost Comparison. What about the cost comparison for me who loses money on the resale b/c the car has a new/rebuilt trans. ITS ALL BS.

Did anyone get anything out of this, like an extended warranty or anything. I told the Corp that the only thing I see happening is A)a new Trans or B) a new car! Ill keep you guys posted. I go back after work.  

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Ford Fusion
22400 - 32600
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan