Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

1996 Lincoln electrical problems

| 
prospector01 prospector01
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/30/09
10:07 AM

I have a 96 Lincoln Town Car with the digital dash. Today the dash went blank while I was driving and I could smell something burning. Fuse 18 (10 amp) was blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew again along with a burning smell. Pulled down the cover under the dash and could not see where the smell was coming
from. Fuse is for instrument cluster, clock,A/C control module, radio, & diagnostic connector.
I temporaly replaced fuse with 30 amp; radio and A/C came on but could smell burning so I pulled the fuse. Dash did not come on. I can not afford another car. Does anyone else ever had this problem. Thanks Bob  

DelfinAshley DelfinAshley
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 05/11
Posted: 09/29/12
02:39 AM

Now a days importance of electronics is increasing in the field of vehicles, its getting more and more complicated as number of instruments are attached along the same electric line and problem with any instrument might cause problem some where else and thus its better to get help of a technician they have thorough knowledge about the things.  

Uiopki Uiopki
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/27/12
08:58 AM

Power is supplied via the Red/Light Green wire by fuse # 11 (10 A) in undrdash fuse box.  

manjok manjok
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/25/13
08:30 AM

I think that in this case you need to point where fuse box is located  Blush  

harrissdanell harrissdanell
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/13/13
11:18 PM

Make a full and thorough inspection of the wiring loom which runs to the fuse box via the battery. Maybe there is something wrong there like a loose connection or maybe even a short circuit which is making the fuses blow all the time. Before you reach out to an expert or a mechanic, do a troubleshoot using automotix.net/autorepair/diy/lincoln-repair.html which will even aid you to rectify the error.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice