Ad Radar
  • Automobile Magazine

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Are these 6 Cars Really Worth Waiting For?

| 
thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 193 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/30/09
02:43 PM

There are many vehicles coming out soon and people are eager to see them in the dealerships. However one hot top with these new vehicles is Fuel Efficiency. So while reading this article of 6 cars "worth" waiting for I only found 2 that I was interested on. The rest were either boring or not something I was looking forward to. The list goes as follows:

1. 2010 Chevy Volt
2. 2011 Ford Fiesta
3. 2012 Nissan EV-02
4. 2011 Chevy Spark
5. 2010 Chrysler Town & Country EV
6. 2011 Scion IQ

So how about you...which cars are you waiting for? What car would you add or subtract from the list.

Source: yahoo  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 07/31/09
01:58 PM

The Nissan EV-02 I wonder about since it's a pure electric or more like an electric Cube. And the last mainstream manufacturer I remember offering that was Saturn back in the early 90's. Saturn wasn't using the advanced Lithium batteries Nissan plans to though.  It's tough to make any judgments on it though until Nissan releases the production version.  I know they're shooting for 150 mile range for it.  I could live with that, since I get less on my motorcycle in the city.  Although filling the tank is still quicker than charging it.

From everything I've read about the Volt so far, it's a good idea but too expensive at the same time too.  100 MPG sounds pretty appealing though.  
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
Austin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.CooperAustin.Cooper

Posted: 07/31/09
01:58 PM

The Nissan EV-02 I wonder about since it's a pure electric or more like an electric Cube. And the last mainstream manufacturer I remember offering that was Saturn back in the early 90's. Saturn wasn't using the advanced Lithium batteries Nissan plans to though.  It's tough to make any judgments on it though until Nissan releases the production version.  I know they're shooting for 150 mile range for it.  I could live with that, since I get less on my motorcycle in the city.  Although filling the tank is still quicker than charging it.

From everything I've read about the Volt so far, it's a good idea but too expensive at the same time too.  100 MPG sounds pretty appealing though.  

mustangsalltheway mustangsalltheway
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/11/09
10:23 PM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

I'm only waiting to see the Fiesta and Volt. Other than that I'm pretty much just waiting to see how the Detroit Three are going to get out of this bad economy.  
Winners never quit and quitters never win!!

Posted: 08/12/09
04:32 PM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon Quotemustangsalltheway:
I'm only waiting to see the Fiesta and Volt. Other than that I'm pretty much just waiting to see how the Detroit Three are going to get out of this bad economy.

I too believe $40K for the Volt is too expensive, especially if your objective by buying it is to save cash.  I still expect the price to drop after it hits the showrooms and Uncle Sam starts offering incentives on them.  Plus GM will have to deal with lots of competition down the road too.  Nobody can really predict now what's going to happen with the new revolution of machines geared to keep you away from the pumps.  

Posted: 08/31/09
01:48 PM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:
I too believe $40K for the Volt is too expensive, especially if your objective by buying it is to save cash.  I still expect the price to drop after it hits the showrooms and Uncle Sam starts offering incentives on them.  Plus GM will have to deal with lots of competition down the road too.  Nobody can really predict now what's going to happen with the new revolution of machines geared to keep you away from the pumps.

Well 40k is nothing compared to what Tesla is charging for there electric cars. The Volt is meant for people who want a daily driver and the government is giving tax incentives for people buying it. I'm sure the Volt is going to be a huge success no matter what though. It's going to be one of the saviors for GM. They need it and they are not making profit of the first bach of Volts either so they can't keep lowering the price.  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

jsim jsim
New User | Posts: 43 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 10/19/09
05:45 PM

The LEAF and the Volt are worth waiting for, since basically there is nothing on the road comparable out there yet. I suppose you could add the T&C EV, but that seems unlikely to be produced imo. The Spark is just another Daewoo with a Chevy bowtie the Fiesta (while interesting) is probably not going to be better than similar cars like the Fit, so I don't really see a need "to wait." The Scion I would only wait for if my dream car was a Smart ForTwo with two more seats.  

2006 BMW 325i (e90)

Posted: 10/20/09
07:57 AM

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon QuoteAustin.Cooper:

Icon Quotethesavagepony:
Well 40k is nothing compared to what Tesla is charging for there electric cars. The Volt is meant for people who want a daily driver and the government is giving tax incentives for people buying it. I'm sure the Volt is going to be a huge success no matter what though. It's going to be one of the saviors for GM. They need it and they are not making profit of the first bach of Volts either so they can't keep lowering the price.

That's an interesting way to look at it. None the less I still believe $40K and $30K plus for the Leaf are more than most people want to spend in the mainstream market.  The reason I mention "mainstream" is because the Tesla is a niche vehicle that was aimed at the wealthy and never envisioned stealing sales from such fuel mizers as the Prius, TDI, etc.  It was still a nice step for electric vehicles that could possibly become mainstream one day.  

RooseHurro RooseHurro
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/25/09
01:08 AM

Out of these six, I'm interested in the Scion IQ... very interesting, from a design and engineering standpoint.  I'd also keep an eye on the Ford Fiesta, with the hope that they bring the diesel version into California.  I've also been looking over the Smart, since I've entered two sweepstakes in which that particular car is the Grand Prize.  

Posted: 10/25/09
08:48 AM

Icon QuoteRooseHurro:
Out of these six, I'm interested in the Scion IQ... very interesting, from a design and engineering standpoint.  I'd also keep an eye on the Ford Fiesta, with the hope that they bring the diesel version into California.  I've also been looking over the Smart, since I've entered two sweepstakes in which that particular car is the Grand Prize.

It ought to be interesting to see how the IQ compares to the Smart ForTwo when it arrives.  I hope they can at least keep the looks I see here.  If they do, I give it the nod over the Smart in that department. (Scion top pic - Smart bottom pic)
Scion Iq Concept Front Three Quarter Motion ViewSmart Fortwo 2007 Coupe High  

jsim jsim
New User | Posts: 43 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 11/06/09
04:44 PM

That front fascia/spoiler (and the side bulges) on the iQ are hideous! Looks like they might be trying to compensate for something...  

2006 BMW 325i (e90)

Posted: 11/06/09
07:03 PM

Icon Quotejsim:
That front fascia/spoiler (and the side bulges) on the iQ are hideous! Looks like they might be trying to compensate for something...

Even if it's on the boyish side, I'm amused by styling such as that, on a car as small as the IQ. Bly me if only it was created in the UK, so they could stick some Union Jacks on it too  Grin  

ABQHUDSON ABQHUDSON
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/11/09
10:09 AM

Ford Fiesta is probably the only one.  
Retired.  Car/motorcycle nut.

Posted: 12/22/09
11:03 AM

Icon Quotejsim:

Agreed....then again I probably wouldn't even fit in any of the IQ's or Smart cars. They are just not my cup of tea.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice