Ad Radar

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Car seems to stop momentarily while driving...

| 
foolysh foolysh
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/14/09
09:23 PM

While driving my 93 Corolla and making a left turn after stopping for a red right, the car appears to stop/stall/slow down momentarily and the malfunction indicator light came on for a second or two and then off but then I was able to drive on without any more symptoms.  After driving for another mile without any more symptoms I decided to turned off the car and restart the car and drive around slowly making turns along the way on a couple of streets and I am not getting any symptom I stated above.  However it seems to me over the last couple of months (maybe longer but can't recall) I do feel like a couple of times while driving that it seems to stop or slow down without warning light but it seems mild by comparision to this time.  Also, I had the distributor replaced a couple months ago after my car died while driving.  What could be the problem?  Could this be related to the distributor? How much is my repair bill likely to be?  Your insight will be greatly appreciatd.  Thanks.  

DelfinAshley DelfinAshley
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 05/11
Posted: 07/06/12
05:07 AM

There might be a problem with fuel supply to the cars engine and this might be causing the reaction secondly there might not be enough pressure building inside the engine and causing it to stall once in a while. Just get all your valves checked for any leak or any dust particles being stuck in it.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Toyota Corolla
17400 - 20400
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan