Research a Vehicle

Select a vehicle to research pricing,see photos,compare similar vehicles and much more.
Research Now

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

1979 280 TE Mercedes Wagon (Grey Market model)

| 
79wagon 79wagon
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/16/09
04:40 PM

I own a 1979 280 te mercedes wagon that is a grey market version. This car has been in my family for nearly 10 years and has traveled far and wide (across the U.S.). I am trying to find the right person to work on it because I recently made the mistake of taking it to a mechanic that did not have the competency nor the equipment to do the job. I have found a mechanical engineer who only works on Mercedez-Benz in the Virginia Beach, VA area which is about 100 miles from where I live (I live in NC) and before I have it towed up there I want to find out as much information about this mechanic as I can, as I am extremely nervous about taking it to anyone at this point. The business is called MBH Independent Mercedes Sales & Service (mbhusa.com) and the mechanic's name is Sam Ahmadi. I have checked him out (so far) on the Better Business Bureau website and Google, both of which have shown overall pretty positive results. However, I am wondering if anyone has any information on this mechanic or how I can find more information out about him (via websites, reviews, personal experience, etc.)

This car has so much sentimental value to me and my family and I am doing everything that I can to keep it running (now that I am the only one driving it). But it has been hard to find the right mechanic since I moved and I don't want to make the same mistake twice. So, if there is anyone out there who has information or comments/suggestions (or even if you own one yourself!) please feel free to respond to this.

Thanks,
Steph  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice