Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2003 Chevy Impala Transmission

| 
namronsunom namronsunom
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/27/09
03:57 PM

I have 2003 Impala that recently had the water pump replaced at a dealership.  When my wife was driving the car home, she noticed the transmission was not behaving normally - the car would accelerate normally, then not accelerate, like the motor was electrically "breaking up".  The shifting is really poor from gear to gear.  It does not seem like the trans is slipping, the rpm does not build as if it were slipping.

The car has been maintained very well, oil changes 3 - 4 miles, last trans fluid change at 65000, the car has 87000 on it.

What could be causing this type of activity???  

namronsunom namronsunom
Posted: 07/31/09
10:33 AM

C'mon guys, I've had 65 hit (views) can no one give me some suggestions?????  

By the way the oil changes are 3-4000 miles. not as in the first post  

cmcfrank cmcfrank
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/01/09
06:35 AM

2003 I have has similar issues and I believe it (in my case) relates to a faulty abs sensor or the abs wiring harness (tsb's around for this fault).  Tranny receives incorrect or conflicting info.  Has the abs light or traction control fault light ever illuminated?   If you disable traction control via the dash mount switch, does it settle down? (Assumes you have this).  There are issues with the solenoid on this tranny also.  GM makes a transmission additive (a sealer conditioner - caution - only use GM's) that can sometimes help.  

namronsunom namronsunom
Posted: 08/04/09
07:06 AM

No ABS, no Traction Contol in this car.  I've had several differing opinions: 1. at dealer - catalytic converter is the issue, at a Firestone - timing might be the issue, an aquaintance - the passing gear kick-down.  I think a full diagnostic at $120 needs to be run, then will it tell?  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Chevrolet Impala
26910 - 39635
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan