Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Honda Accord (Brakes Squeaking-??)

| 
pattai pattai
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/18/09
02:36 PM

I bought a 2008 - Accord Coupe EX-L, last year July 2009.  From day one the brakes on the car have squeaked but only when driving short distances.  However, after driving a long distance the squeaking goes away.  I have taken it to the dealer 3x times (in the suburb where I bought the vehicle, I live in the city) But of course each time when they test drove the car they did not hear any squeaking with the brakes. Probably because I had driven a long distance from the city out to the dealership.  

I finally took it into a dealer in the city today and this time the technician was finally able to hear to the squeaking with the brakes.  I was told by the technician that he also has a Honda and he has similar problems of squeaking with the brakes. He also told me that they have had other vehicles coming in with the same problem.  

They cleaned the rear rotors but they could not guarantee that the problem would go away.  The tech told me that eventually as the rotor wears down the problem may go away.  The brakes squeaked again as I drove away from the dealership. Driving in the city I the distances that I drive is short, thus for city driving it is annoying to have the brakes squeaking evertime I step on the brakes.

Of course during the warranty period the dealerhip trys to do the minimum work possible.  My concern is that if I take in my vehicle for servicing after the warranty period and again explain the situation and they say this time, if they fix the problem or replace the parts, then I will have to pay out of my own pocket when there was a problem with the brakes in the first place.

I have a call in with Honda Canada explaining my situation and they are supposed to get back to me within 48 business hours.    

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who own an accord coupe and is having similar problems with the brakes squeaking?  

dana555 dana555
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/22/09
08:01 AM

Hi there....I am having the identical problem with my 2009 accord...I have been on the web all day and it seems that there are a lot of others with the problem.  I am going to all Honda Canada as well.  I would like to have a whole bunch of us contact them.  

meghan1 meghan1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/02/09
07:50 AM

QUESTION TO HONDA:  WHERE'D YOU BUY THE CRAPPY BRAKES FROM?  

I have a 2008 Honda Accord.  I was for years a Camry buyer until the 2008 injection system turned to garbage and there was no excelleration, making it dangerous on the interstates.  The Accords pros:  great handling, turning, acceleration, the 5,000 mile checkups are relatively cheap compared to the camry.  

The cons:  The BRAKES!  I drive 120 miles roundtrip to work so the mileage racks up really quickly.  Somewehere are 30,000 the squeeking began when I would just turn a corner.  Then the squeeking began WHEN backing up.  WENT to the dealer...under warrantee...nothing wrong.  A month and a half later the brakes started to squeek all the time.  While driving on any road, any speed.  

Called the dealer...brought it in...brake pads gone.  Here's my point of contention!
I have owned 3 brand new Camrys. Traded them in at 160,000 miles, NEVER ONCE DID I HAVE TO HAVE THE BRAKES OR PADS CHANGED.  SAME ROADS DRIVEN SAME TIMES OF DAY!
The Honda dealers in New England are offering a cost of $400=$600 to replace the rear brakes.
Yes mine squeeked when they weren't even being applied. Yes they squeeked when i was driving on a major highway going 70 miles an hour in cruise control mode.  Yes they squeeked when i was drving in reverse (no brake on).  Yes they squeeked way before 30,000 thousand miles.  
Honda should recall!  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Honda Accord
22905 - 33630
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Coupe, Sedan