Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Utility minus the Sport

| 
tinlizzy50 tinlizzy50
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/21/09
11:58 AM

The June issue of Automobile bemoaned the fact that Subaru no longer made the Legacy GT wagon. The last few years, they were kind enough to offer the Outback 2.5XT with the turbocharged engine. We have a 2006 with a five speed, and we think it's just about the best all-around vehicle we've ever owned. It's hard to find cars that are both fun to drive and incredibly practical. I saw the press release about the 2010 Outbacks getting a six-speed and was looking forward to one day replacing our Outback with a new one with this transmission. I was appalled when I found out that not only was this transmission not to be offered in the 2.5 XT, they were axing the model altogether! I can only hope that our present car will last forever--or at least until Subaru comes to their senses and realizes that there are customers out there who want both performance AND utility!  

ltdisher ltdisher
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/16/09
07:59 AM

I completely agree. I currently own an RS Impreza and the back seat does not fold down. If I were to upgrade to a new vehicle, it would certainly be sometime that has a sporty flavor while being good at utility. This is where the Forester XT and the Legacy GT wagon come into their own. It is dissappointing to not have the wagon option anymore as a new car, but it is still a good value used...if you can find one of course.  

tinlizzy50 tinlizzy50
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 11/15/12
07:39 AM

It was interesting to read that the XT model is still being offered in the Forester for 2014. It's still incredibly disappointing, however, to see that they're trying to make it "sporty," but are refusing to make a manual transmission option available to those of us who would still like some sport with our utility. Thankfully, our 2006 Outback 2.5 XT is still behaving flawlessly. At this rate, it looks as though it will be our last Subaru. Only problem is that there seem to be fewer and fewer possible replacements waiting in the wings from other manufacturers. I guess that driving enthusiasts must be a dying breed--or are we simply being killed off by the industry??  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice