Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Hyundai to launch i20 diesel variant this year

| 
autoguruindia autoguruindia
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/23/09
11:29 PM

Hyundai Motor India is set to introduce a diesel variant of its premium compact car, the ‘i-20’, by the end of the year. Although Hyundai Car India has been selling the diesel variant of the model for the European market, it is now considering offering a similar option to its domestic customers.

Hyundai I20

The ‘i-20’ model was launched in December, and the company has announced that a diesel variant for the domestic market is possible only if the market demanded the same.

In order to avail the excise duty benefit on compact cars the company sells the car with a 1.2-litre petrol engine for the domestic market.

Hyundai cars price is not declared yet. Hyundai Car India has aimed to sell an average of 2,000 units of its i20 on a monthly basis. It received an order of 2,500 units last month. The company has delivered 1,700 till now and the remaining will be sold in the current month.

Source: Infibeam.com News  

Umang Kumar Umang Kumar
New User | Posts: 28 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/13/13
09:18 PM

Hello Friends,

Hyundai Motor India Ltd, India’s largest passenger car exporter and second largest manufacturer announced the launch of its All New iGen i20 today. The i-Gen i20 is available in 12 variants. The Petrol variants range from Rs 473,400 to Rs 665,894, the diesel variants range from Rs 596,334  to Rs 744,013 and the  automatic variant is priced at Rs767,405.
Speaking about the New i-Gen i20, Mr BS Seo, Managing Director and CEO said, ”The New i-Gen i20 is a bold new offering with stylish looks and a host of unique features. Our extensive surveys indicated that the customer is seeking hi-tech and innovative features, we have incorporated the research findings in the i-Gen i20 to offer a high value proposition.”
The i-Gen i20 now comes with a more powerful and refined 1.2 Kappa petrol engine with Dual VTVT mechanism which delivers 84 ps of peak power.
The advanced and hi-tech 1.4 U2 CRDi diesel comes with 6-speed manual transmission that delivers 90ps power and the best-in-class torque of 22.4 kg-m. The 1.4 Gamma automatic petrol delivers 100 ps power and 13.9 kg-m of torque.
A number of first- in-segment features are available in the i-Gen i20 like Rear Parking Camera with display in the cabin mirror, Electro Chromic Mirror which offers anti-glare vision during night time driving, Clean Air-Cluster  ionizer for fresh air in the cabin, Auto Headlight Control Function (the lights turn on automatically when visibility drops), 6 Airbags, Rear Disc Brakes, Supervision Cluster and Rain Sensing Wipers..

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice