Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2009 CTS-V

| 
toothtwister toothtwister
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/17/08
09:41 PM

As the owner of a 2004 CTS-V, I eagerly awaited the arrival of the '09 version expecting to "trade-up". NO-WAY! I test drove one today and was bitterly disappointed. Not from a performance standpoint mind you, it was "stupid-fast". However, the build quality was obviously very poor.  starting with the "ignition" switch that is supposed to resemble (that) which we used to put a key into. It was so sloppy!!! It must have moved up-n-down 1/4" with slop. Why not just a start button like a Ferrari or even Nissan?  going down the road, the dash was creaking like my '04. Finally, when I went to use the paddle shifters(upshifting), it went from 3rd gear at 50mph, to 1st gear(just the opposite shift direction).....immediately maxing out the revs and engaging the rev-limiter, nearly throwing me forward into the dash. The service tech encountered the same problem a few minutes later. You could see the previously "beaming with pride" salesmen thinking about the unemployment line.  I love America, and would buy American every time....but this is insane.  Cadillac is GMs' top-tier line with the CTS leading the way. Why must we constantly make excuses for Detroit ?  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
User | Posts: 211 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/29/09
05:13 PM

Wow. That's the first negative review I've heard on the new CTS-V. Sounds like the fit & finish weren't that great on that particular example. Must have been a Monday or Friday car.  Smile  

iggy99 iggy99
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/11/09
12:22 PM

I have owned a 2009 CTS-V Black/Black with all the options for 1 1/2 months now.  I can not disagree with you more.  This car is the most solid american made automobile I have ever driven.  The finishing is top quality; and I have owned Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, etc...  I have not heard a rattle from the dash or anywhere else for that matter.  The paddle shifters have worked flawlessly so far.  The car is wicked fast, and handles like a train on rails.  I am very impressed with this car.  I would highly recommend it.  

GopherSZS GopherSZS
User | Posts: 81 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 03/31/09
11:13 AM

It's the car Dr.Kitman prescribed.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice