1 |  2 |  Next 
Item Posts   

Wish List for Future Fords in U.S.

| 
Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
User | Posts: 211 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 02/06/09
12:23 PM

I'm just curious what people would like to see from Ford in the near future in its U.S. lineup. What I'm seeing so far looks promising. It looks like an SHO version of the 2010 Taurus is practically a done deal. Fiesta is coming, which looks like it will be very competitive with the Honda Fit, and a version of the Euro Focus is coming for 2011, hopefully with some ST-level performance variants.

What do you hope to see from Ford in the next 2-3 years in terms of product? The one vehicle in my mind that stands out as screaming for an update is the Escape/Mariner. Seems like the Kuga would be a good replacement. What are your thoughts?  

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 02/09/09
07:54 AM

The Escape/Mariner are very solid vehicles. They are some of my favorite cute utes. I wish the looks didn't ape the expedition, but functionally they are perfect. If you need an SUV, those two make a lot of sense.  

Posted: 02/09/09
11:33 AM

I don't dispute the functionality of the Escape/Mariner, but the styling is a little on the dull side. Sounds like there's been talk of the Kuga being the basis of the next-gen Escape, but with the auto market and Ford's finances being what they are right now, that program is probably postponed for a year or two.  

jonboy1799 jonboy1799
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/13/09
12:53 AM

I would definietly love to see the Ford Falcon XR6/XR8 from Australia. Those are pretty cool cars. Hey why not the Ford Galaxy minivan from the U.K.? Pretty neat looking. Also the C-MAX and and the S-MAX. The Ranger from the U.K. also? I love my '08 Ranger Sport but man does our Ranger need an update!!  

05:52 PM

The buzz in truck enthusiast circles is that the 2011 U.S.-spec Ranger will be very similar to the Euro-Pacific Ranger. Powertrains will probably be different (EP Ranger is all-diesel) but in terms of styling, it's pretty much what we'll get, which isn't a bad thing at all. Something tells me the Blue Oval will have quite a few surprises for us in the next few years.  

HighSpeed TheMxnBlood HighSpeed TheMxnBlood
New User | Posts: 14 | Joined: 02/09
09:36 PM

I personally think the Escape is one of the best looking Little CUVS compared to the Foreign competition which looks pretty bland and boring, Besides It's one the most fuel-efficient Compact CUVS out there!

It gets 28 MPG Highway/ 20 MPG City with the 2.5L I-4 (172 HP/170 Lbs of Torque)and 6-Speed Auto trasmission!

The Hybrid, well It's the most fuel efficient CUV on Earth 34 City/31 Highway!  
"EL SOY YO" |
------------|---

GopherSZS GopherSZS
User | Posts: 81 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 03/14/09
05:12 PM

Check out the new Mustang.
State St. and Washington St. Ann Arbor, MI
Spotted with 'M' (manufacturer) plates.

Mustang  

rknorton91 rknorton91
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/08/09
11:10 AM

To the best of my knowledge the Kuga is replacing the Escape with in the next couple of years. Its a good move in my opinion sexy styling almost identical outside dimensions with even more usable interior dimensions and more fuel efficient to boot.

Now for what I would wish for?

Bring back a large to midsize two door coupe, preferably rear wheel drive. I used to own a 92 cougar with the 3.8 V6 engine. I remember getting 30-31 mpg on the highway doing 70mph with the AC running full blast. Granted city driving got you only about 22mpg but I loved that car and drove it till the trans finally started to go bad after I had put 150,00 miles on it in a 11 years of driving. I am married with just one 9 year little girl in the family so a car that size would fit us perfectly. I think doing a simlar size body with some nice styling and some modern mechanicals could really make a statement in the market.  

jceaves jceaves
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 05/08/09
08:47 PM

Ford US needs the S-Max and Mondeo and they need them now.  I want to like the Flex, but it just feels like a lowrider Expedition or a Mini with a pituitary disorder.  I know that it has the same boxy appeal as a Land Rover (or a hearse), but it just misses.  Ford has got to stop trying to "read" what Americans want and go with what works: cars that are fun to drive, useful, look good, and get good mileage.  Their European cars already fit the bill.  Import them.  Neither Ford nor Volvo has a US turbo diesel and the V70 gets 16 MPG in town!  No wonder Ford is on the ropes.  Bring economical engines here!  We own BMW, Acura, and an F150.  The truck is great, but Ford has no other cars that remotely interest me.  

fearthevoices fearthevoices
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/18/09
10:16 AM

After watching some of the hot rod cars on TV and seeing an old van, I recalled the old style pick-up that you used to see made from the van platforms.  Since the majority of small pick-ups don't seem to offer any better mileage, why not revive the old idea and mix it with a newer platform.  Perhaps something that would make an economical delivery/light hauler.  
Much like the Kia Soul-ster concept, why not use one of the European focus based platforms and create a longer wheel base, light duty delivery hauler.  This would be ideal for many who only need to use their trucks for home improvement and landscaping chores.  Not to mention, many of the businesses would also benefit from smaller more efficient, yet capable delivery vehicles.  Additionally, since these platforms already utilize diesels in other markets, only minor emissions adjustments may only be required for US markets offering even more choice and efficiency.  Perhaps even the transit connect could be modified for this; though a sportier platform would maybe offer more widespread appeal.  
---------------------
**Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars**

TarheelChief TarheelChief
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 07/28/09
10:39 PM

Lower prices,lower prices,lower prices.
Ford cannot compete on quality.It is matched against GM and GMC Trucks.It faces Nissan,Toyota,Honda,
Hyundai sedans and SUVs.  

calvin500 calvin500
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 04/07
Posted: 08/25/09
06:16 PM

I would like to see the Mazda MX-5 platform use the 3.7 liter V6 from the Ford side and market it to compete with 370Z et al....it's about time someone gave that car some real horsepower.  They could restyle it and make it more Ford looking.  

rederfordfan rederfordfan
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 10/20/09
05:30 AM

I would love to see Mercury come out with a little sports car to compete in the Miata's class, offer a small twin turbo 4 cyl. diesel for fuel efficiency version, the 4 cylinder ecoboost they are talkin about for performance, and the 6 cylinder ecoboost for ridiculous amount of performance, and name it the Cougar! if they can get the Diesels base price down to no higher then $20,000, then I think they strike gold with the car!  

05:33 AM

Actually Fords quality is matching Toyota's, and Toyota's is declining and Ford's is increasing, so they will have the best quality in the world for cars in the Us market in a few years!  

05:36 AM

Ford's talkin about mergin the Fusion and Mondeo together on the Mondeo platform, and the C max is slated to come to the US for 2011 I believe they're sayin.  

1 |  2 |  Next 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice