Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - Love It or Hate It?

| 
Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
User | Posts: 211 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 02/04/09
04:56 PM

The styling of the 2010 Mazda 3 has proven controversial. The styling on the 2010 Mazdaspeed model may be more polarizing still. What's your take? Love it, or hate it?

Attachment

Attachment  

Phil Floraday Phil Floraday
Administrator | Posts: 121 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 02/05/09
07:34 AM

If it's as much fun as the last car, I love it already.  

10:48 AM

I'm with you, Phil. I drove an 08, and was hooked. Of course, I currently drive an '03 Protege5, so you don't have to do much to convince me of Mazda's goodness. In terms of the styling, admittedly, it's pretty radical for its class, and from some angles, it looks disturbingly like the new Toyota Matrix, but if you look closer, the surface detailing really sets it apart. I thought I'd have to wait 'til 2012 or 2013 for this model, but I'm thrilled it's going to be offered as a 2010!  Smile  

Evan.McCausland Evan.McCausland
Administrator | Posts: 155 | Joined: 04/08
12:13 PM

To paraphrase a colleague of mine, it's the best looking Peugeot I've ever seen.   Grin

I care more about the drive, for as you've mentioned, the last car was a blast.  I'm wondering if it's but a mere facelift, though - Mazda's said the 2.3-liter turbo I-4 carries over from the last car, in contrast to early rumors suggesting it'd use a 2.5-liter mill.

Not that the 2.3 isn't powerful, mind you.  I just like to justify the addition of (faux?) forced induction scoops...  

12:57 PM

I've heard a few different reports in terms of the engine for the U.S.-spec model. I read somewhere the European model will have the 2.3, whereas the USDM model will have a 2.5. Honestly, either way, I'd be happy. The 2.3 turbo definitely doesn't have a shortage of power, and I'm sure either way, there will be a slight power boost over the current model. The hood scoop is definitely function, as all the Mazda turbos have a top-mount intercooler, similar to Subaru. I actually kind of dig the aggressive edge it adds to the styling. At least it doesn't have any stupid, non-functional fender vents!  Tongue  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice