Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Tesla has no integrity as a company.

| 
relliott relliott
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/18/09
10:45 AM

There is a real story here about Tesla and it is not a good one.  I am number 395 on the list. I am not a rich person dabbling in a plaything. I thought I was actually doing some good by supporting a company that was moving us to a more sustainable future. I put $50,000 of my own money down on this car in May of 2007. I withstood the delays. I held in there when it almost seemed the company was going bankrupt. Now, after locking in my options, they tell me that I have to pay $2300 to get the wheels I was shown I would get and $3000 for the charger they said was included. Along with many other changes and prices increases. Elon Musk does not understand the power of evangelicals to the cause. Steve Jobs does. The same power that can bring people to the cause can turn the same power in a 180 degree turn against the cause. From this day forward, that's what I'm going to do. Elon should know that the people who have bought this car are not stupid. We know that the rolling stock from Lotus  has seen a price depreciation in the English pound from $2.04 to $1.44. He's making more money than he ever thought he would. This is a blatant slap-in-the-face-and-see-if-it-sticks move. I hope that enough people cancel their order so that the whole company goes bankrupt. Movements based on ideology hold companies to a higher plane than companies that do things just to make a profit.
I'd love to have the car, I can't have it now. I don't like the feeling of being screwed.

Here are more URL's for you http://www.saxton.org/tom_saxton/2009/01/tesla-price-increase.html#comment-6a010536387b94970c010536de1d0b970c

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/01/17/prospective-tesla-owners-not-happy-about-price-increases-on-lock/1#c16599532  

chrispitt chrispitt
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 06/09/13
11:14 PM

You are absolutely right relliott. And very good message for everyone.  

Austin.Cooper Austin.Cooper
Moderator | Posts: 319 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 06/14/13
04:07 PM

From what I've read, Tesla does have plenty of integrity.  And is working hard to get everything right.  People are standing in line now to get their hands on their one and only model.  Tesla might just become one of the most successful startup automobile manufacturers in the USA.  It's been a long time since that's ever happened.  
Austin.CooperAustin.Cooper

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice