Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2001 Honda Civic Transmission Failure

| 
alain23 alain23
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/11/08
06:38 PM

Transmission failure with the Honda Civic is a widespread problem in models made from the early 2000s. The 2001 Honda Civic appears to be the worst year for transmission failure.
Many of the transmission failure complaints are caused by the torque converter failing - the engine will rev up but the car won't shift into gear or move. In some reports, the torque converter burned up the transmission fluid which ruined the transmission.
Currently there is no recall for the transmission defect, because it is not a safety issue (according to the NHTSA). So far, a class action lawsuit has not been filed.
However Honda has offered some Civic owners out-of-warranty compensation for the transmission repairs. Rather than going through your local dealership, it's best to contact Honda Customer Service and ask for a "goodwill repair".

Please  see link below a list of complaints:
http://allabouthondas.blogspot.com/2008/11/2001-honda-civic-transmission-failure.html Ooo  

annarita annarita
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/13/09
01:42 PM

the transmission on my 2001 Civic died on October 13, 2006 after only 160,000km and less then 5 years.  The dealership was not much help and neither was Honda Canada as my 150,000km extended warrenty had expired.  Instead of fixing it to the tune of nearly $4000, I used the equity to instead lease a 2007 as i did not have many options.  I hope there will be a class action lawsuit filed in Canada for this!  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Honda Civic
18290 - 24590
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Coupe, Sedan