Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2008 Odyssey - schizophrenic at speed

| 
BobbyMcC BobbyMcC
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/14/08
09:09 AM

I just bought a new 2008 Odyssey, after having owned a 2001 Odyssey. I bought the van in the middle of a 600 mile trip, as my 2001 van was having transmission trouble that 2 separate dealers could not fix. Instead of pouring more money into this problem, I decided to go ahead and buy a new one. We loved the 2001... so my thought was that the 208 would be even better. Well... it is, for the most part... BUT there is a slight jumpiness to the vehicle at speeds of 50 or more. I know this vehicle has the ECO feature that turns cylinders on / off and I can actually feel and hear this if I concentrate on it. This is in addition to this. It feels as if some computer somewhere can't really figure out what it wants to do as far as the vehicles speed. It seems to jump, ever so slightly, and I have now idea what this could be. My wife can feel it also in the passenger seat. Is anyone else having this issue????? I've had it to a dealer and they say that the entire engine / trans. checks out on the computer just fine. I will probably go to my local dealer and drive another new Odyssey to see if I can replicate the problem. For 36K, this van should drive like a dream... not like a nervous jumping bean.  

bimmer98 bimmer98
User | Posts: 79 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 11/25/08
09:28 AM

Sounds like it might just be defective. I've taken cars into dealers multiple times with issues and they can't diagnose it properly. Try using the lemon law in your favor if they continue to misdiagnose the issue. If that fails, hey, it's almost 2009, why not upgrade? I test drove the new VW Routan and it was pretty impressive  

marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 11/25/08
02:26 PM

So, just to clarify, this is separate from the ECO feature? You are not feeling this when the ECO light comes on?

It may be a problem with the torque converter in the transmission. I it may be locking and unlocking incorrectly.

It's important that you take the time to drive the van with a mechanic or service writer. You need to show them what the van is doing. It is far too easy for mechanics to just plug in the computer, not see any fault codes, and to say everything is OK.

Yes, you should also test drive another 2008 to see if you can feel a difference.  

j_rossdale j_rossdale
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/27/08
04:02 AM

Yeah, it might just need a little repair. not all odysseys are like that..  

jessie14 jessie14
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/26/09
03:39 PM

I have a 2008 civic, that bucks in low gear, and in neutral. Now always, but sometimes. Also, i can not drive the car-it makes me nauseaus, dizzy, and causes headaches. this began 6 weeks ago. The dealer is not cooperative in finding a solution. Honda Canada is a nightmare. Any thoughts? I have stopped payment on the lease. I have no car to drive!  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Honda Odyssey
28975 - 44600
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Minivan/Van