1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts   

Dash defect inf Fx35 looks like bubbles

| 
tj2000 tj2000
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/13/08
10:04 AM

I'm sending the following message to all the blog and websites like edmonds, carspace, bbb. and CNN. I hope to let as many people as possible how sorry Infiniti usa is and craftmanship and unreliable service. Here is my message: Dear Infiniti: my
2005 fx35 61k with dash defects, looks like bubbles, According to dealerships this seems to happen after the 60k mile warranty. I have 61k miles and infiniti will not replace dash, Consumer affairs after giving me the run around for 3 wks did nothing. Infiniti , in my opinion not leading a standard for excellence  this very bad customer service.. It's not covered under my extended warranty, but when you pay $47000 for this kind of vehicle,you shouldn't have to worry about cheap craftmanship. I'm told that are numerous known cases dealing / same issue with infiniti automobiles. I want my vehicle repaired. There should be a recall /I'm reporting to BBB and CNN. Please contact me with info on this issues. I want to start a petition asking them to do what is right, I really love my fx, but this just lowers my experience with inifniti and will not purchase another vehicle from them. I hope many fill follow . My name is Travis Jernigan....my email is Jernigan60@comcast.net.  

deepriver3007 deepriver3007
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/23/08
12:48 PM

Have the exact same problem.  2005, except I only have 44000 miles and the bubbles actually started last year when I only had about 30000 miles.  Still arguing with Infiniti.  Hope we win.  

CDavis3737 CDavis3737
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/17/08
02:20 PM

Hi,  I have the same trouble and have not heard from Infiniti.  My car is a 2004 FX and the trouble start about 6 months ago.  Bad thing it is hard to sell!  

j_rossdale j_rossdale
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/27/08
04:29 AM

maybe a repaint is needed  

jestela jestela
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/28/08
08:47 AM

I have a FX35 2005 and have to replace my dash for te secund time. First one was under warranty and the secund one was wend the vehicule have 62k. The infinity deler in PR do not want to cover the warranty because warranty expires. I now 3 other owners of FX with the same defect in PR. Does any one now how to contact Infinity direct or any way that all can push this issue so it can be declair as a recall.  

marenasxx marenasxx
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/15/09
10:03 AM

i have infiniti fx35 2004/07 has 50k miles and i do have same problem , bubbles on dash , looks bad. and find this add by mistake think just my car has this problem but looks like many fx35 owners reporting same problem. noticed this problem last year like at 44K miles. Hope infiniti/nissan will take care of non happy costumers . i hope too let as many people as possible how sorry Infiniti usa is and craftmanship and unreliable service.  

pbacun pbacun
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/07/09
09:45 AM

I own a 2003 FX.  The dash is cracking!  In the past year, 7 cracks have occurred.  Just a month ago I watched a crack that wasn't present the day before, go from a 1 inch crack to a 10 inch long crack in a period of two hours.  The car is a cool car, but this makes the car look like a junker!  I have read about the bubbles, but not about cracks except on one magazine post.  I haven't taken the car in yet to the dealership, but from this thread I'm guessing I already know Infinity's stand.  I was contemplating buying another one, but with the various years represented in this thread, I will rethink it. Who would want to buy my car anyway with a dash like this.  Plus it sounds like if you do have it replaced, the same thing might happen again!  Good-luck everyone.  Patti  

johntherres johntherres
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/03/09
12:45 PM

I have a 2004 FX35 with 79K and the dash is sticky and bubbled up. I was hoping to find a recall on it but can not seem to find it but read quickly the rest of you are trying to do this. the cheapest price i can find for the front dash cover is 338 and the msrp is over 400. this is without labor at all. I have not taken it to the dealership as i am not the original owner and do not think the warranty is still in effect. my name is john therres. my email is johntherres@yahoo.com. If you have any quick fixes i would love to hear any suggestions.  

jasy jasy
Posted: 08/08/09
12:44 PM

Mad hI!
My dash is all crack BIG!!!! cracks all over the top and in the front of the air bag ...is bad and went to the dealer and is not covered....i call to USA and the conect me with PR ......bad service!!!...i should expect this to a cheap car but not this kind of car...they dont have a recall...we should write a letter to USA Infiniti with all ours names and countries , so they can se how many cars the have with the same problem USto A Infiniti...to see want they can put a recall on this!!!  

watkins69 watkins69
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/11/09
07:47 PM

I have the same problem,I have just called the dealers today and I am suppose to
go tomorrow and see what they are going to do. I will stand behind you any way I can
because I feel the same way you do,when you pay that much for an automobile you
expect it to last longer and stay in tack, please let me know your outcome. My name
is Faye mcelvey, my email is fmcelvey@yahoo.com.I have 49k miles on mine and it is a 2006.Good luck.  

watkins69 watkins69
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/11/09
07:59 PM

Every one needs to get all T.V stations and the media involved and then we may get some results.
This can't be sholved under the rug  

joenewton3 joenewton3
Posted: 08/20/09
07:49 AM

I have an 2006-fx35 the car runs great, fun to drive, and i keep it clean.  The bubbles started poping up a short time ago, I have 55000 miles on the vehicle.  I thought it was the fault of some type of cleaner i may have used, but after seeing the same problem with other owners, apparently its a manufacture defalt and should be covered.  Infinity needs to stand up and repair the damage,  and your right I paid the about $47000 for this car, and the defect in the dash is completely un-acceptable.  My name is Joe, my e-mail is joenewton3@juno.com  

daaron daaron
Posted: 08/31/09
02:38 PM

I have a 2005 FX35 with black interior that has bubbling on the dash. I only have 38,000 miles and was one month outside my warranty when I contacted Infiniti. They will not offer any assistance with repair. I spoke with one dealership who told me he know people who are getting assistance. It is on a "case by case" basis. How can they pick and choose who they will repair when it is THEIR defect?
my email: dollieaaron@yahoo.com  

Jamillah Jamillah
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/01/09
07:28 AM

I have the same problem with my vehicle.  I had the dash replaced last year while my vehicle was still under warranty and within 5 months the dash started to bubble again. I contacted Infiniti on State Road 7, Miami Florida last week and they advised that the Service Manager was doing a certain amount of good faith replacements each month.  THe Service Rep told me to bring my vehicle in on September first for which I did.  Today when I get there they pull up my service report and told me that because I do not do my oil change and other required services at the dealership they were unable to replace the dash, I would have to spend $600.00 today on regular services or pay $1,000.  THey explained that the dash is $1,500 to replace and Infiniti would front $500 towards the replacement.  Since I have only spent $400 for the year at Infiniti, they explained that I would have to come up with the difference which was approximately $600.   I think this is total nonesense because what does one have to do with the other.  IT is not like we are responsible for the fautly product and I don't udnerstand why we should become responsible for replacing it.  Whethere the vehicle has warranty or not, it is an INIFINTI MANUFACTURERS PROBLEM, not something that we as consumers did. We can spend $1,500 today and have it replace, then when it happens again we must invest another $1,500???? That's totallly ridiculous and I strongly believe that something needs to be done.  Email: misthing04@hotmail.com  

sapgator sapgator
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/12/09
05:38 PM

Just purchased a certified preowned 2007 FX35 with 18k miles.  Needless to say, bubbles on dash.  I was wondering why the salesman made me ride in the back when my husband test drove the car.  I also currently own a 2003 Accord (130,000 miles)...no dash bubbles or defects to speak of.  With the original warranty, is this covered?   This is unacceptable.  I also vote for recall.  

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice