Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

2007 nissan maxima (problems)

| 
tsclipper tsclipper
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/26/08
05:30 AM

Just turned over 20,0000 miles on my nissan maxima and after it sat for about a hour and it was started it would smoke.Im not talking a little smoke either. Took it to the dealership and they said it didnt smoke for them. The following week I took it back and told them I was leaving it there until it did smoke for them. I returned about 4 hours later and they told me it did smoke when they started it but they didnt know what it was from. So they were goin to have to call the tech line and would let me know. 4 days later I hadnt got a response from them so my husband called them and they told him they got put on hold for so long they hung up with the tech line so they would have to call them back. The next day they called and said we needed to bring the car in to have the coolant checked.Took it in and it was at the minumum level. So they filled it up and told us to keep an eye on it that might be leaking. 5 days later I am driving to work and I hear this noise like a machine gun firing in the distance. Then  I hear a popping noise and my oil light comes on and my check engine light.So the next day I take it back and my husband tells them that the car will sit here until they find out what the hell is wrong with it.So after calling the tech line with us standing there the guy tells us now they are probably goin to have to replace the engine. So come to find out all this time the coolant has been leaking into my engine and that is where the smoke is coming from.

Very angry consumer!!!!!!!!  

marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 09/19/08
08:47 AM

The issue should be covered under warranty so you'll be taken care of.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2014 Nissan Maxima
31290 - 34380
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan