Ad Radar
  • Automobile Magazine

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart -no manual OK?

| 
marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/03/08
10:18 AM

I drove the new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart last night for the first time. It's nice to see Mitsubishi fill in the large gap between the EVO and the base Lancer. Still, the car only comes with a dual-clutch gearbox, there is no manual option. Is this OK with you or is it a deal killer? What do you think about what seems to be a slow death of the manual gearbox?  

monoblocks monoblocks
User | Posts: 73 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 10/10/08
09:44 AM

Well even car manufacturers have to cater to the PlayStation generation, just like they must pander to iPod phreaks and Bluetooth cell phones maniacs. The Gran Turismo franchise has been the downfall of Western society (after subprime mortgages, of course).  

marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/13/08
11:35 AM

Yes, but Gran Turismo helped bring the WRX and EVO to the States, as well as the GT-R. Too bad the decline of the manual box has to come along with it.  

AutoFan AutoFan
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 10/14/08
10:44 AM

With increased traffic in major metro areas and the idea that we MUST multi-task even while driving, the death of the manual will come too fast for some of us.  Unfortunately, the VAST majority of Americans won't even notice.  
The only type of car that can be reliably found with a manual is compacts and sub-compacts.  Maybe some more enthusiast-oriented larger cars, but even most of those types of cars offer an automatic.  I personally love manuals and would like to drive a manual for as long as they exist.  

j_rossdale j_rossdale
New User | Posts: 46 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/27/08
02:33 AM

Mitsubishi probably does not want the RalliArt to cannibalize sales from their iconic super-sedan, so I would assume the RalliArt will be launched in late 2008 as an '09 model.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
2015 Mitsubishi Lancer
18295 - 38995
Button Getmyprice
Body Style:
Sedan