Research a Vehicle

Select a vehicle to research pricing,see photos,compare similar vehicles and much more.
Research Now

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

XF vs. E-Class and 5-series

| 
marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 08/05/08
07:20 AM

So, the new Jaguar XF is out. Would you buy it over a Mercedes or a BMW?  

tonydina tonydina
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/09/09
12:02 PM

Icon Quotemarc.noordeloos:
So, the new Jaguar XF is out. Would you buy it over a Mercedes or a BMW?

In a heart beat, which I will do in the next week. The Mercedes is over priced. The 2007 BMW 5 series, my current car, is a fantastic car. It has an almost perfect driving experience. Accelerates nicely, no roll on curves, stops succintly, great in winter, and it's a BMW.

So why would I want the 2010 Jaguar XF Premium with the Portfolio option?

Why, for its Soul!! Yep, just test drive the car and you will be captivated by the experience. The pulsating Start/Stop button daring you to touch it. The drive selector rising with the air vents in concert rolling open is the start of the new Jag experience. The interior just oozes Premium car.

Now for the soul of the car. Think back to the days that a car had some personality. You start the Jag and you hear a slight rumble, then quiet. You start the Beamer and you hear nothing but quiet. You accelerate briskly, and the rumbel turns into a growl for that brief instant that tells you have the soul of a Jaguar under that 5.0 litre 385HP V8. Then, silence as you cruise along the road as if you were in your own living room.

As curves come by, you accelerate with a purr, with just the slightest notion of a roll advising you that the car has it under control. Coming to a stop is difinitive, you know that the brakes can do more. The specs tell you so.

Just the purring and growling of that engine in that gorgeous Ultimate Black with tinges of red, green, and blue, in the body paint is enough to convince me to forgoe the perfectness of the BMW for the soul of a Jag.

Twelve weeks and counting to the arrival of the cat's soul......  

Wolf47 Wolf47
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 05/30/12
01:54 PM

I've owned many cars.  Decided I needed to fulfill my childhood dream of owning a Jag.  Used to walk past a gorgeous XK-150 on my way to school, often stopped to admire it.  Then the XKE came out and it has always been love.  Unfortunately, either finances and/or family needs kept me out of one.  Bought a XF in 2009.  Loved the car, it was perfect too.  Just bought a 2012 XF Portfolio.  Just love every moment with this car.  Passion is what separates a Jaguar from a perfectly fine functional transportation appliance.  I've had a Mercedes, a Porsche and a BMW.  The Jaguar has that old world gentleman's car feel.  Its fast, and exciting, but without being a chore to drive.  A big plus for me is that it's not just one more 5 series or E Class.  They are so common, usually all the same colors, black, grey or white.  I don't need to conform.  
Cars are one of my three vices, the other two will not be named here.

rahulsharma921895 rahulsharma921895
New User | Posts: 44 | Joined: 08/15
Posted: 09/22/15
11:54 PM

Jaguar XF is available 47.67 – 74.21 Lac with different models. To check out all Jaguar car models visit: AutoPortal[dot]com .  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice