Ad Radar
  • Automobile Magazine

Automobile Forums  Where Car Enthusiasts Go to Discuss Cars Online

Rbdi 800X50Ad Tracking

Item Posts   

Does it matter if I buy a Silverado or Sierra?

| 
pgF1 pgF1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/07/08
07:34 AM

Ignoring the luxurious features on a Sierra Denali, is there any particular reason why people buy a Silverado or a Sierra? What actually caught my eye was that on GM's Websites, the entry-level Sierra has a lower MSRP than the Silverado by one-hundred bucks (GMC $18,425 and Chevy $18,515). It seems that both trucks are identical.  

marc.noordeloos marc.noordeloos
User | Posts: 174 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 07/07/08
11:16 AM

Don't quote me on this but someone once told me that GMC trucks tend to have slightly better resale value than Chevy trucks. Something to look into.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
User | Posts: 211 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 07/10/08
09:19 PM

Regarding resale, it's possible. I know GMCs have a little more "snob appeal" among some guys. Otherwise, it comes down to which grille you like better.  Smile  

SSmith SSmith
New User | Posts: 33 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 07/17/08
11:29 AM

Resale does tend to be better, on average, for GMC trucks than it does for similarly equipped Chevrolet trucks. Perhaps percieved durability--GM repeatedly touts its trucks as being more work-oriented than the rest of the line--has something to do with it, or the subtleties of available options. (Don't quote me on this, but in the past, I know some mechanical, trim, and gearing option combinations have been available on one and not the other.)

I'd say it comes down to what suits your needs best in terms of option packs and trim levels, and which one you like the looks of better.  

Xml
Showbuyersguide Hide
Header Bg
Get a free and easy new car price quote in minutes
Button Seedealerprice